Chapter 16.

hi everyone! im really loving how this story is going, i hope you are too :) ! here's another chapter! hopefully chapter 17 will be out in the next week or so!

AMELIA'S POV:
Every dinner, I had the job of setting the table. I would always make sure each plate was the same distance away from the utensils, and the napkin was placed on the left side, along with the fork and knife. If anything was out of order, my anxiety would go haywire. My foster siblings and I were sitting at the kitchen table, staring at the salad and the big plate of steaming chicken parmesan in the center of the table, wondering where Stef and Lena were.

"Does anyone know where they are?" Brandon asked.
"No idea, and i'm starving. This is stupid." Jesus groaned, he got up from his seat and reached for the plate of food but Mariana's quick hand slapped Jesus.
"Damn! Mariana i'm hungry!" He winced, holding his hand.
"We can't start without them," she replied, "i'll go look for them."

She got out of her seat and walked out of the kitchen.
"Ami I didn't get to ask you about the lawyer's office, how'd it go?" Brandon nudged my arm to get my attention, I guess I was zoning out, like usual.
"It was alright. It's just a pain in the ass to go through. I want to be done with it already." I sighed and took a sip of my water.
"I know the situation really sucks Ame, but I know it's going to work out in your favor." He smiled genuinely.
"He's right. You just gotta be strong, and we both know you are. It's gonna be a piece of cake putting that asshole away for life." Jesus smirked. Talking with B and Jesus felt normal and comforting. Having "siblings" to talk to was a feeling I've wanted forever, but I know things are going to change because this is not permanent. It's inevitable.

A few minutes later, Mariana came back with Stef and Lena. I gave Mariana the "what's going on?" look and
she gave me the "no idea" look.

"Amelia, can we speak to you in the living room, please?" Lena asked, holding her hand out for me to take it.
"Jesus and B can you, uh, take Jude in your room to hang out for a bit? Mariana you can go too." Stef told the kids.

I took Lena's hand and we walked into the living room to find Callie sitting on the loveseat. Her face was distressed and her leg was bouncing. I sat down on the couch across from her, Stef and Lena sat on either side of me. I knew exactly why Stef and Lena brought me into the living room. And all I want to do now is curl up into my bed and cry.

"I don't want to talk about this." I decided that I would be the one to break the silence.
"Amelia." Stef patted my leg as a cue for me to look at her. "We have to talk about this."

I stood up, heading for the hallway when Lena grabbed my arm to pull me back onto the couch, "Ah ah ah. Not so fast."

I sighed and sat back down. My mind was pondering of any way to get out of this.

"Ami. I want to help you. I want to testify for your case. Patrick has been making your life a living hell for too long. I remember seeing you through that small window, the pain in your eyes. The bruises on your face. I wanted to help you for so long but I didn't know how, now I know."
"I don't want your help, Callie. Okay? This is already humiliating, I don't want this to go any further." I sniffled and quickly wiped the tear rolling down my cheek with my sweatshirt sleeve.

"This could help put Patrick away for a very long time, love." Lena rubbed my back in a maternal way.
"How do we know that?" I asked. Second guessing everything is pretty much second nature nowadays.

"Well we can all go to Laura's office and see where Callie's help gets us, okay? Would you want to do that?" Stef asked me.

It took me a long time to respond. I was once again, zoning out. Thinking about how this horrible man beat me, and raped me, and continues to ruin my life, one day at a time.
"Baby, are you alright? I can't imagine what's going through your head right now." Lena stroked my cheek to snap me into focus.
"When can we meet with Laura?"
"How about after school tomorrow, can you do that Callie?" Stef turned to Callie.
She nodded her head in agreement, "Of course, yes."