Chapter 9.

hi peeps! here's the next chapter! the couple next chapters are going to be fillers until we get to the good stuff ;) !! please vote & comment! i love suggestions and opinions :)

AMELIA'S POV:
I woke up to the sweet smell of blueberry pancakes coming from downstairs. I rubbed and opened my eyes to see Stef next to me on her laptop.

"Well good morning sleepyhead! How did you sleep? You were snuggling with Lena all night."
"I was? I'm sorry I didn't know I would do that." I awkwardly chuckled and sat up.
"Oh no no no it's completely okay lovebug." She put her arm around me and gave me a kiss on the forehead. I glanced to her laptop screen and it was opened to an email between her and a lawyer. I saw my name mentioned several times. She saw I was staring and quickly shut the laptop.
"Hey how about we go devour those pancakes I smell coming from downstairs?" She asked.
"Good idea." I grinned.

Everything started to hit me, he's going to get away with this. He is going to be free and making my life a living hell.

I made my way down to the kitchen where everyone was sitting at the table.

"Good morning sweets!" Lena came over to me and gave me a kiss on the head.
"Morning." I yawned.
"How are you feeling?" She asked me, grabbing my plate to put pancakes on them.
"Pretty good, I feel rested."
"Hey Amelia," Brandon said. "Would you want to hang out with Mariana, Jesus, and I? Were going to meet some friends at the mall."
"Yes please come! Were meeting our friends Callie and her brother Jude." Mariana exclaimed.
"I'm only going because they promised me that we would all go laser tagging." Jesus said as everyone laughed at his response.
I looked at Stef and Lena. "Is it okay if I go?"
"I don't see why not, love." Stef smiled and looked at Brandon. "You'll keep an eye on her?"
"Of course."
"You guys don't have to keep an eye on me. I'm okay now I swear." I promised.
"We know that baby and we trust you when you tell us that but we all still care for you and love you, okay?" Lena said in a comforting, maternal tone. "Come on Ami lets go get ready!" Mariana squealed, taking my hand and dragging me upstairs, skipping. Stef and Lena laughed and rolled their eyes at Mariana.

STEF'S POV:
"I'm trusting you boys to keep an eye on Ami. Okay?" I said to Jesus and B.
"Yeah of course we will. But is everything okay with her? Like why did she run away?" Jesus asked.

I realized that Lena and I haven't told the boys about anything. I looked at Lena as a go ahead to tell them.

"Amelia has been through many horrific experiences in her foster home." Lena started. "She was raped continuously for a year by her foster father, and now she has to go to trial for it because he is claiming that it wasn't rape. She took it very hard and that is why she ran away to Anchor Beach. Mom and I are meeting with our lawyers today to touch base on all of this so it's a good idea that you all are getting out of the house today. So please just keep her mind off of everything, yes?"

"Of course mom." Jesus replied, looking shocked at what he just heard.
"Yeah, yeah of course." Brandon followed, with the same look as Jesus.
"Thank you." I said. "Now go get ready please."

The boys headed upstairs to their rooms.

Lena sighed and ran her hands through her thick, curly hair, "This is going to be a long day. I'm not ready to hear all about Ami's attack."
"I know, love." I wrapped my arms around her waist and hugged her from behind. Lena turned around and kissed her lips. Before we knew it, we were going at it like teenagers and my hand was under her shirt.
"St-Stef!!" She giggled.
"What? The kids are upstairs?" I told her, reaching under her bra.
Lena stopped me and shot me a glare. "Would you like to pay for the therapy that they would be in if they saw us getting down and dirty?!"
I laughed, "Good point."
"So you called Laura this morning?" I asked, cooling down after that make-out session.
"Yes she said she could meet us at..err.. I think she said around 1?" Lena asked herself. She looked at her calendar app on her phone where she specifically wrote it down.
"Ah ha! found it. Meeting with Laura at 1:15."
"And she has all the information she needs for the trial?"
"Yes she said that Beth faxed them over to her."
I sighed and looked into Lena's eyes, "God I hope we put this bastard in jail."
"Me too, Stef. All I want right now is for Ami to feel safe."

AMELIA'S POV:
I headed into my room to get ready to go out with the whole gang. I slipped on a purple wool sweater, dark washed jeans, and my black converse and threw my hair in a high ponytail. I looked at myself in the mirror. God I look exhausted I thought to myself. I decided it was a good idea to splash some water in my face before we all left.

Once I was done in the bathroom, I got called into Stef and Lena's room.

"Hi," I said, "What's up?"
"We just wanted to give you some money to use if you found anything you like at the mall today." Lena smiled and handed me a $20 bill.
"Oh, no I can't take money from you guys, trust me I probably won't find anything I like." 
"No you're going to take it, love." Stef said, grabbing the money from Lena so she could put it in my pocket.
"I-I feel bad taking money from you guys, it's not right." I confessed.
"Sweets don't worry about it, please." Lena told me, rubbing my shoulder in a loving way.
"Thank you. So much." I said.
"Now go have fun!" Stef exclaimed.

I left their bedroom and headed downstairs where Mariana had just invited Callie and Jude in from the front door.

"Callie, this is my foster sister Amelia!" Mariana introduced me. "And Amelia, this is Callie and Jude."
I swear Callie looked so familiar to me, but I couldn't quite figure out why.
"Hi Amelia, so nice to meet you." Callie reached out to shake my hand, as did Jude.
"You too." I grinned and shook their hands, still trying to figure out how I knew this girl.
"Ok lets go!" Brandon said as he walked in the hallway with Jesus. "I'm really in the mood for food court junk." We all laughed and yelled goodbye to Stef and Lena and made our way to the car.

The mall was packed, considering it was a Saturday afternoon.
"Where do you want to go fist Ami?" Mariana asked.
"Um... I've never actually been to the mall before so I don't really know."
"Wait. You've never been to the mall? Do you live under a rock or something?" Jude jokingly said.
"Jude shut up it's not funny." Jesus stuck up for me.
"It-it's fine," I replied. "I've never had any use to go to one."
"I think we should stop at American Eagle first." Callie suggested.
"Good idea," Mariana agreed. "Us girls will go there and why don't you boys find a store?"
We parted ways and walked over to American Eagle. Mariana instantly skipped over to the dress section of the store. She searched for a certain size and out she pulled a navy blue lace dress that would come a little above the knee.
"You need to try this on!" She put it against my body, seeing if it would fit.
"Uh.. I don't know dresses aren't really my thing." I admitted. I couldn't remember the last time I wore a dress. "I think you would look beautiful in it Amelia." Callie said.
"Mhm!" Mariana agreed.
"Okay I guess I can try it on." I gave them what they wanted. Mariana clapped her hands in excitement. I found the nearest dressing room and started undressing and slipped the dress on. I had to admit. It looked really beautiful. "Is it on? Let us see!" I heard Mariana say. I walked out the dressing room so Callie and Mariana would see. Mariana gasped, "OMG! You have to get it Amelia it was honestly made for you."
I shrugged, "I don't know, where would I wear it?"
"Anywhere!" Callie answered, "You could definitely wear it to school it's not too dressy."
I lifted my arm to find the price tag that was tucked in the dress. $39.95 it read. That was too much money. Stef and Lena gave me only $20.
"I think I'm gonna pass guys. It's 40 dollars and I only have 20 dollars."
"No no no, I'll pay the other $20!" Mariana insisted.
"No Mariana I couldn't ask that."
"Hey," she looked me in the eyes. "It's what older sisters do."

Older sister? Do they really want to adopt me?