Chapter 29.

Hey Readers! Enjoy :)

AMELIA'S POV:
"So you're telling me no screens for two weeks?!" I asked Mama when the doctor left the room. It was early the next morning and the doctors were finished running the all of these tests on me. I would only have to spend one more day at the hospital and then I could be discharged. I felt so thankful it was in time for the twin's 16th birthday party in a couple weeks.

"I'm sorry baby, but yes. No screens. I'm sure you'll figure out a way to make yourself busy. Jesus and Mariana's party is soon, I'm sure Mariana has a laundry list of things for you to help with." Mama teased as she kissed the top of my head. Mariana had been planning her party for quite some time and needed lots of help anyway. "I need to head to school for a little bit to do some paperwork, are you sure you're going to be okay by yourself, honey?" Mama asked gathering her things.

"Yeah, isn't Mom coming by though? She said last night she was going to before she went to work." I asked.

"Oh, bug." Mama sighed. "Mom got pulled into work early this morning, she's not going to make it. I'm so sorry. But you'll see her tomorrow morning when we bring you home, okay?" She said and walked over to kiss my forehead. I think Mama could sense my disappointment so she lifted my head to meet her eyes. "Amelia you know Mom has a demanding job, and she loves you so much. She would be here if she could, I can promise you that my love."

I nodded my head and gave her a soft smile. I was sad and disappointed. Not being home with my Moms has been extremely difficult and frustrating. Mama grabbed her bag and started for the door, "Try to read some of those books Jesus brought you, or there's a bunch of coloring books that Mariana gave you as well, honey."

I sighed and picked up a flower themed coloring book and started going through the pages. "Okay, okay."

"I will call you soon, lovebug. I love you so much." Mama said before leaving my room.

"I love you too, Mama."

STEF'S POV:
"She wasn't too upset, was she?" I asked Lena as I poured myself a cup of coffee from the office's pot.

"I mean she wasn't thrilled, Stef. I think she's feeling extremely isolated. Being in and out of the hospital, not knowing what's going on at home and not having social interactions like she would at school. She's getting a little stir crazy." Lena responded.

"Well she should have taken her injury more seriously or she wouldn't have a concussion." I responded. I knew I shouldn't have this mindset, but my anger and protectiveness gets the best of me.

"Stef, she's gonna be 14. She's still a little girl. She isn't going to take things as seriously as we would. And you know her reasoning for getting up that morning, she thought we all left her. And that's probably why she was upset about you not seeing her today." Lena's response caught me off guard, mainly because I never thought of it that way. I hadn't been going to the hospital every day like Lena was. Work shouldn't be an excuse, this was my daughter and she is in her most fragile state right now.

"You're right, love. You're right. How about I go to the hospital tonight and stay with her? I don't want Amelia thinking that she only has you. She has two Moms and I never want her to doubt that." I said.

"I think that's a great idea, babe." Lena responded. I was about to reply when my phone vibrated. It was Laura.

"Hey baby, it's Laura. Can I call you later?" I asked Lena. She could definitely tell the panic in my voice, as I never know how these conversations are going to go with her.