Enemies and Who? (Chapter 1)

I lowered the window of the car and let the cool breeze hit my face. The damp air pushed my curly brown hair back.

If there was one word to describe what I was feeling right now, it would be tired.

School ended 20 minutes, now I was driving home myself and my two best friends, Lia and Emma.

Who were both sitting in the backseat, screaming out the lyrics to 'Tiebreaker' by The Head And The Heart.

'I cant believe I almost went my whole life'
'Without you in it, without you in it'

I chuckled as I lowered the volume on the radio. The girls always had trouble singing along to songs. I pulled into Lia's driveway, dropping her and Emma off from school.

"See you both tomorrow?" I asked, shifting the car into park.

"Yup, same routine, you're picking us up for school," Lia replied, guiding Emma towards her front door.

"You got it," I winked

"Bye Madison." Lia screams.

Pulling out of her driveway I was so ready to be home, it was Thursday and thank God Friday tomorrow. I got out of my car and slammed the front door open; no one was home. Aiden my younger brother was at a 5-day camp and my parents were at work, which they didn't come back till 9:00pm. I thought about calling the girls over a bit later, but it wasn't worth my headache.

Lia and Emma had been my best friends since we were in diapers, and although those girls were my second and third half it was a bit of a headache being around them, as both are social butterflies. Lia also had a date with her latest boyfriend Cole. Which God knew I wasn't happy about. CJ (aka Cole Jacobs) was the classic high school player boy, breaking every girl's heart, and I didn't want one of them to be Lia, but it was her choice. They'd already had 3 major arguments in the span of 2 weeks, and they'd been dating for a little less than a month. Literal bullshit.

I had things to get done so I thought about just forgetting about these things and headed upstairs to my room. I was taking design in electives, and I had to sketch out some dresses for the upcoming school social. I headed upstairs and got started with work.

***

It was 8:30pm and my headache was not doing well. Lia and Emma came over about around 5pm to fill me in on Lia's date and let's just say things ended with me having a massive headache, the girls really don't hold back when singing. I went downstairs to grab my takeout that had been delivered because cooking sounded like too much work.

I sat down at the table and started eating the pizza with Harry Potter playing on the TV. The doorbell rang and in came my mum right after my dad.

"Hey Madi" My mum said putting down her bag, she's always called me Madi and today wasn't any different. "How was school?"

"It was good I dropped off the girls and yea pretty much all" I said turning off the TV and finding my way upstairs, this would be a good time to leave before my dad starts with the questions.

"Alice" my dad said, he always used my first name. "We have some guests coming over for dinner tomorrow I need you to be home by 6".

Guests? For dinner? We never had guests over at our house, we always went out with them, so this can only mean one thing.

"The West's are coming over for dinner tomorrow, stuff to do with your dads work." Said mum stuffing cake into her mouth.

The West's were coming over, which also included the villain in my story. Kaleb West. The guy who threw a basketball at my nose in 3rd grade because I missed one shot, the guy who put frogs in my barbie dreamhouse, the guy who threw worms at me on my 10th birthday. The guy whom I personally hated the most.