Spill the Tea Bestie (Chapter 4)

I woke up at eight in the morning. I had a massive headache, I rolled out of bed and made my way into the bathroom, where I washed my face and got refreshed for the morning.

"Madi, come eat breakfast." Mum yelled at me from the kitchen.

I took in a deep breath and went downstairs, where mum was waiting for me, she looked concerned. At first, I decided to ignore her, because she was probably going to ask me about what happened last night. I already had so much on my mind from yesterday, I seriously didn't need more thoughts.

The act of trying to ignore her ended miserably, when mum scrunched her eyebrows and she looked at me.

"Madi what happened yesterday? You went upstairs so suddenly, I had to send Aiden after you to make sure you didn't do something stupid."

I tried my luck with lying out of it, "Nothing happened, I was very tired and full, so I just figured I'd go upstairs and rest."

"If I'm being very honest with you Madi, your eighteen years old and you still don't know how to lie. I saw the way you looked at the girl, you were perfectly fine before she showed up." Mum spoke.

There goes my luck at lying, "Mum, I just don't like her, she's annoying and plus I was having a bad day."

Now I wasn't lying there, she was very annoying and, and I did have an awful day yesterday.

Mum just looked at me like she didn't believe a word I said, which I'm pretty sure she didn't. Thankfully she didn't push the conversation and further from there, which I'm so thankful she didn't. Normally, I'd want to tell something about what happened, whether that was Aiden or the girls, but my mum just wasn't one of those people.

She pulled me into a hug, my head rested on her shoulder as she rubbed my back, she smelt like sweet strawberries.

"Just stay safe honey, also know your dad was worried about you yesterday." She said quietly.

"I'm always safe, and don't worry I'll talk to dad when I can."

She pulled back and just nodded.

"I have to go meet up with some friends today, I will maybe be late, but I'll see you later today." I said while stuffing the eggs, and bacon into my mouth. I wasn't really hungry, but I didn't want to disappoint my mum.

"I'm not going to be home today Madi, me and your dad have a meeting to attend. Your brother is staying over at his friends for tonight, so I'll see you tomorrow. Just be safe okay." She said hesitantly grabbing the keys to the car.

"Always am." I smiled.

I didn't believe the meeting part one bit. If my mum thinks she can catch me lying, I'm also her daughter who is very good at observing people, I catch lying faces right away. But am a terrible liar myself.

My dad walked into the kitchen, and I smiled an 'I'm okay' smile at him. I guess he understood because he just nodded back with a faint smile.

Mum and Dad bid their goodbyes to me and were out the door.

Now I had to meet up with the group, but somehow talk to them individually as well, which would be difficult with Cole since him and Lia are almost always together.

*********

I headed upstairs to my room and put on some black shorts and a hoodie. I went on my phone and decided to text Jake first since I had to get a lot of things through him.

Me: Hey Jake, was wondering if you're up to meet up some time today? let me know alr

Jake: Hey Monroe, actually yes, I have some things I need to tell you.