New Student? (Chapter 2)

"Are you okay Monroe?" asked Jake. I guess he could see my face and how horrified I looked.

I looked over at West who was already staring into my soul, I was trying to think of an answer to Jake's question.

Lia next to me squeezed my hand. And gave me 'the look' both Lia and Emma knew I hated West, but both never missed the chance to ship me with him when we'd have our moments.

"Kaleb, I see your joining our class." said Lia.

"Yea what's that about, and this better be a joke." I spoke as we held the eye contact like our life depended on it.

"Hi to you too Mads, and no this is not a joke, I'm joining the marine biology class." Said West with his husky voice, smirking.

"Mads."

"West"

"You're doing this to piss me off aren't you West."

"Love it when you call me West, Mads" he said.

Originally, I called him West to piss him off, because he hated his last name, but now that he liked it, it pissed me off.

"Can we get to the point? why are you here?" I said shooting glares at him.

"In case you haven't noticed Mads I don't like talking about myself, but now that you're asking I shall tell you" He exaggerated.

"Shut the fuck up please and just tell me."

"Well," he starts off looking at our friends rather than me "Professor said I need to hurry up and chose a subject to finish off final exams in, and as you know I don't study. So, I chose this class since Mads will be able to help me." He says smiling boyishly, flashing the dimple on his left cheek.

What he really means by that is he chose this class to piss me off and bitch me about how annoying I am, and most importantly dump all the workload on me and take all the credit.

"Ok that's not going to happen because there's no chance, I'm working with you." I said trying to look more intimidating. 

"Suck it up Mads, I already talked to Mr. Winters, and he has paired me with you."

"You did what" I say with a horrified look on my face, I think the blood circulation may have stopped.

"I said that-"

"No I heard you the first time, I just don't understand why you are joining our class." I half yell at him.

"Well it is true so go cry about it." He says with a look making it seem his was annoyed.

"You asshole" I whisper yell at him, instead of saying some insult back he just smirks.

"And Mr shall be talking to you later Mads, about how to treat me during our time working together."

It would be alright I was only going to see him for a bit every day.

"Miss Monroe" Mr. Winter said the second I finished talking to the asshole. "I need to have a chat with you about the project."

"Guess I'll see you later Mads." West finished with a smirk on his face.

********

Mr. Winter gave me a 20 Minute talk about how I had to help West in the project. My question is why I should be doing this? It's not my fault he joined halfway through the year.

Either way I wasn't going to enjoy this, and the day didn't just end here, I had to see him tonight as well for the dinner. I really wasn't looking forward to that. I thought about putting up an excuse with the girls, but my dad's anger wasn't worth it. Plus, my younger brother was going to be back from the camp and my mum probably wanted me to see him.