The Dinner Dilemma (Chapter 3)

I stared out my window for about 5 minutes looking across the street where I could see the assholes house. He only lived a few houses down from mine and since my room was upstairs I had a view of his house.

Most girls at our school would die to live where I do, at one point I also fancied it because I got to rub it in other girls faces that I only lived a few houses away from West's, and I could just walk down there whenever I wanted (which had been done multiple times on both ends).

I looked over at his house and couldn't help but realise that he was probably getting ready for the dinner. Though I'd been to his house 100 times, I still didn't know exactly where his room was, he never took me there and I never asked to be there, but I'm guessing it somewhere in the house where it couldn't be seen from my perspective.

Then I realised I was probably being a creep looking out my window at West's house, and thinking about him getting ready, and where his room was.

I sighed.

It was 5:35pm and I still had 25 minutes. I should probably be getting ready right now but honestly I really doubt the Wests would show up anytime before 7pm. That thought was right when my mum yelled at me from downstairs.

"Madi, I need you to be ready by 7:00pm, alright I just got a message from Linda that they will be late, okay honey?" Spoke mum.

Linda was West's mum, she was a second mother to me honestly, there had been so many times where West was a bitch to me but Linda always helped me get through it.

Sometimes when we were younger she'd even let me chose what punishment West should face for messing with me. That was another reason why he hated me so much, to him I was making his mum go against him, in a way he was right but it was all when we were younger and didn't matter much now.

"Don't worry mum, I'll be ready by then." I yell back getting out my sketchbook out of my bag, since I had so much time it would be productive to get on with the designs.

I started sketching out a dress I'd thought of weeks ago. It was a backless dress that scrunched at the waist, and ended right at the thighs. Personally I sketched this dress for Lia because she liked dresses like that, but now I think a lot of girls would wear it as well. With feedback and some trials with the final design I could really make this work.

About 10 minutes later I decided to put down the sketch and get ready before I got yelled at by my mum. I went for a long pink dress that fit snatched at my waist. I put on some dangly gold earrings and other jewellery that put together the outfit. I let my hair down in its natural curls and did some light makeup to compliment the pink dress.

I finally went downstairs it was 6:50pm and started helping my mum with the food for dinner. It was lasagne and for dessert we had chocolate fudge cake. My favourite.

I just as I put the food on trays, the doorbell rang. Aiden, my brother ran to open the door.

Though Aiden could be annoying a lot of the time, surprisingly we were actually very close. He was in year 10 being 16 years old and I was in year 12, 18 years old. We were really close and had a strong sibling bond.

"Welcome." My mum greeted Linda first. Simon, West's dad walked in right after, saying his hello's mainly to my dad.

I never really got to know West's dad, he was very distant from the family and to me what seemed harsh and cold. Personally I didn't like him very much, same with West.

One thing we had in common.

Then West's younger brother Alex walked in, heading straight to Aiden to do their bro handshake.