Chapter 5

Gabriel and Nathalie - first meeting

Pov: Gabriela

It was a cloudy day. Rain clouds hung over Paris. There was silence in the Trocadero Square. Many people ran home to hide from the rain. There was only one person in the square, young Gabriel, who was so focused on the design. After a few minutes it started to drizzle. Gabriel spotted a single drop on his notebook. He was going to close the notebook to protect it from the water, but he didn't see any more drops. He looked away from the notebook and looked up. There was a black umbrella above his head, protecting him from the rain. Then it saw a person holding an umbrella. It was a young woman with navy blue hair with red streaks tied into a high ponytail. There were glasses on her face. Woman holding an umbrella smiling slightly.

...............................................................

N: I guess you don't want such beautiful drawings to be destroyed.

G: I..

N: Take it, it will definitely come in handy if you still want to draw on a rainy day.

After a moment, Gabriel recovered, stood up and took the offered umbrella.

G: Thank you, what about you? You need an umbrella too.

N: Don't worry, I always carry two in their purse in case a strong wind destroys the previous one.

Nathalie, as she said, took out a second umbrella from her purse, this time in a burgundy color. She looked at the man one last time and moved towards the Eiffel Tower.

G: Wait. How can I find you later and what is your name?

N: I study at Annales University, you can find me there. Nathalie started walking towards the Eiffel Tower again when she stopped and turned around -Nathalie that's my name. Then she continued her journey.

...............................................................

Gabriel stared for a moment at the space where the stranger had stood a few minutes ago. He wanted to pinch himself, he didn't know if it really happened or if it was a dream. Suddenly he noticed a black umbrella in his hand. He realized it wasn't a dream. He put the notebook he was unconsciously still holding to his chest into his backpack and headed towards his studio - one-room apartment. He thought about meeting Nathalie all the way home.

Next day

Gabriel woke up at 6:00. He decided to prepare and try to find Nathalie before his design class. He did his morning chores and ate breakfast. He took his backpack and left the house at twenty to seven. He headed towards his university, knowing that there were two other universities in his area. He was counting on Nathalie University to be one of them. First he went to the university next to his. Unfortunately for him, it was Acre University, where future film and theater actors trained, then he went to the university which was opposite. He entered the square and headed for the front door. There was a huge Annales sign above the door. Overjoyed, Gabriel opened the door and went inside, hoping to see Nathalie in the corridors. He waited twenty minutes to no avail. He looked at his watch and sighed heavily. His art history class starts in 3 minutes. Resigned, he left Annales University and went to his own. He entered the hall and sat down in his seat when he suddenly noticed a red strand. He blinked several times in disbelief. He didn't expect to meet Nathalie on his department. Noticing that the seat next to her was empty, he decided to sit down.

...............................................................

G: Hi

N: Oh, hi, What are you doing here?