Chapter 9

Holding hands, they left the hiding place and headed towards the Eiffel Tower. They jumped between buildings until they were centrally under the Eiffel Tower. Nathalie was getting ready to jump when she felt someone pulling her hand.

...............................................................

G: Nathalie wait.

N: What happen?

G: This could be our last fight, I want you to know...

Nathalie touched Gabriel's cheek, smiling tenderly although her eyes showed sadness.

N: I know.

...............................................................

Gabriel hugged Nathalie's hand and took a few deep breaths. They then jumped into the middle of the Eiffel Tower. On the edge of the Eiffel Tower stood a figure dressed in a light purple costume. From her body posture it could be concluded that she was a petite woman. She had short auburn hair. She stood with her back to them, staring into the distance. Nathalie and Gabriel drew their weapons and slowly moved towards the mysterious figure. When they were close enough, Nathalie threw the yo-yo to immobilize the figure, but when the yo-yo reached her, the figure suddenly vanished into thin air.

N: What's that supposed to mean?

G: I guess our mysterious character has the Fox Miraculous.

N: I think so. We have to be careful. Let's stay close. They probably want to divide us with these illusions so that we become easier targets.

G: Yes, captain. Gabriel winked

...............................................................

Nathalie wanted to admonish Gabriel because this was not the time for jokes, but knowing that this could be their last fight, she smiled slightly. Suddenly, mysterious figures began to appear at the 4 ends of the Eiffel Tower. Nathalie and Gabriel threw their weapons at their opponent, destroying each subsequent illusion. In place of the destroyed one, another one appeared. This bothered Nathalie. She started looking around for the holder of miraculous fox. She looked up, seeing a dark silhouette that was shooting a yellow beam at that moment. At the last moment, Nathalie pushed Gabriel, avoiding the shot. Nathalie landed on Gabriel. They stared at each other for a moment when Gabriel saw another shot and rolled sideways with Nathalie. Quickly in steel, swinging the weapon, avoiding further shots. The illusions have completely disappeared. The second mysterious figure continued to shoot for a while, but when he saw that they did not produce the expected result, he stopped. Nathalie and Gabriel waited anxiously for the mysterious figure's next move. After a while, the figure jumped down, finding itself centrally in front of the heroes.

N: Who are you?

M: You can call me monarch.

...............................................................

Gabriel and Nathalie looked at each other. From Adrien and Ladybug's stories, they knew who was behind the mask. Gabriel looked at the monarch with terror in his eyes. He didn't want to come to terms with the thought that this was what his future would look like. He wanted to speak up, maybe talk some sense into himself, but Nathalie beat him to it.

N: Gabriel...?

M: How do you know who I am?

N: Because your...

Nathalie stopped. She wasn't sure if she should reveal the truth. Even though it was her Gabriel, the way he changed scared her. She didn't know if she should trust him.