Chapter 8

Ladybug and Chat Noir left the hiding place, leaving the two adults in a gloomy atmosphere. They went through the catacombs under the cathedral and then jumped onto the rooftops. They ran along them until the Arc de Triomphe appeared before their eyes. They stopped on one of the roofs, hiding behind a chimney.

...............................................................

Ch: What now?

L: We have to get there. Do you see anyone?

...............................................................

Chat Noir extended his stick above the height of the chimney. The image of a triumphal arch appeared on the screen of his stick. Ladybug and Cat Noir looked closely at the image on the screen. However, they saw no signs of Emilie or the villain.

L: It's definitely a trap, otherwise why is Lucky Charm leading us there?

Ch: I think it's weird too, but we can't just stand there and wait for something to happen.

L: I know, but we don't have a plan. What shall we do!!

...............................................................

Ladybug clutched her head and breathed heavily. Chat Noir placed his hands on her shoulders, trying to calm her down. After a while, the ladybug calmed down. She took a few deep breaths and looked at her partner.

Ch: We can do it. We've fought so many villains, and you've fought my own father as well. Even if we don't have a plan right now, I'm sure that when the time comes, you'll definitely come up with something. Remember you are not alone, I will always be here for you. Together we will defeat any villain.

Chat Noir held out a clenched fist, like when they give each other "pound it" after winning a fight.

Ch: Together until the end?

Ladybug looked at Chat Noir. A small blush appeared on her face. She held out her hand, nailing it.

L: Together until the end.

...............................................................

The heroes jumped into the center of the triumphal arch. They stood in a fighting stance, waving their weapons, waiting for their opponent to move. They stood there for 5 minutes but nothing happened. They decided to walk around in search of some clues, still keeping their weapons at the ready. After thoroughly searching the place, they returned to the center of the triumphal arch.

L: Maybe Lucky charm was wrong. We searched the place thoroughly but there is no trace of any presence.

Ch: Maybe Nathalie and my father are luckier.

...............................................................

The heroes were getting ready to jump from the triumphal arch and head towards the Eiffel Tower when suddenly chains appeared out of nowhere, attaching the heroes to the ground. Chat Noir immediately used his power to break free from the chain. However, nothing happened. He tried several more times, but each attempt ended in failure.

Ch: What is it, why is my cataclysm not working.

L: It looks like your mother has the bull miraculous in her possession.

Ch: What now? We won't be able to break out of these chains.

L: I do not know, I really do not know. Looks like we were defeated by your two parents.