|Chapter Eight|

Don't forget to Vote and Comment!❤️

The crisp evening air filled Louis's lungs as he stepped outside, a small axe in hand. He had decided to gather some wood for the fireplace, wanting to make sure Harry would have no reason to be mad or upset at him when he got at the pack home that day. As he chopped away at a fallen tree branch, his mind wandered to the upcoming pack meeting and the issues they needed to address.

Lost in thought, Louis didn't notice the loose branch above him until it was too late. With a loud crack, the branch snapped, sending him tumbling to the ground below. Pain shot through his ankle as he landed, and he cried out in surprise.

Whilst being in massive pain, tears rolling down his cheeks, making his vision blurry, he heard loud footsteps running towards him.

"Omega! Are you alright?" Harry's voice rang out from the house, filled with anger and something else Louis couldn't pinpoint.

"I'm fine, Harry, just a little fall," Louis called back, trying to hide the pain in his voice, trying to sound as neutral as possible.

The Alpha rushed outside, his eyes widening as he saw Louis on the ground, clutching his ankle.

"What happened?" Harry asked, kneeling down beside him.

"I was gathering wood for the fireplace, and I guess I wasn't paying attention," Louis admitted with a small voice, wincing as he tried to put weight on his injured ankle.

Harry's expression did not soften, however he got on his knees and gently helped Louis to his feet. "You should pay attention to your surroundings and what you're doing, Louis," he scolded, though there was concern in his voice, "There are no excuses as you keep getting yourself into trouble."

"I know, I wonder why," Louis said, wishing very hard he could freely roll his eyes.

Harry wrapped an arm around Louis's waist, fingertips feeling his skin above thin material of his shirt.

Louis hated the goosebumps that spread on his arms. He hated the fact that Harry had this much effect on him.

He felt his world go upside down, and suddenly his arms were around Harry's neck.

"Hang on tight," The alpha ordered. "I'm going to walk us slowly towards the house."

"Yes."

"And," Harry added, "you should start masking your scent whenever you're here. It's distracting everyone having an omega scent so near and at the house for hours on end."

Whilst Harry kept walking towards the house, Harry's back kept vibrating every time he uttered a word, and Louis hated every single time it happened.

Louis raised an eyebrow, "I thought my scent disgusted you?"

"I'm not talking about myself, omega," Harry coughed, "your scent has no effect on me whatsoever. Besides, I'll be mated soon. you're to respect the future Luna of this pack. She cannot worry an omega works so closely with her future alpha."

Louis wanted to drown himself in the nearby river to never be heard from again. He also wanted to grab Harry by the hair and strangle him.

After a few moments, he spoke again, "Your Luna has nothing to worry about."

Harry stopped walking, "Right," he said after a few seconds, "In any case, about your scent just do as asked."

"Sure," Louis snorted, "Whatever the leader says."

As they reached the house, Harry helped Louis inside and settled him on the couch, insisting that he rest while he took care of the firewood. Louis watched him, grateful for small mercies and wishing the time he had to work at the pack house would finish soon.