|Chapter Eleven|

Don't forget to Vote and Comment!❤️

*The night before Louis quits

Harry sat across from Liam in his office, a deep furrow creasing his brow. "I don't like the way Troy has been acting around Louis," Harry said, his voice tense with concern.

Liam leaned back in his chair, studying Harry carefully. "Troy is just being friendly, Alpha. I wouldn't worry about it."

Harry shook his head, his worry evident. "I know Troy, Liam. He seems to be having a thing for Louis. I don't want him trying anything."

Liam sighed, trying to reassure Harry. "I'll keep an eye on things, Alpha. But with all due respect it might be a slight overreaction. From what I have seen, Louis can handle himself."

Harry's jaw clenched, his expression hardening. "I don't care about Louis, Liam. I just don't want any drama in the pack. Especially now with Marina here."

Liam raised an eyebrow, unconvinced. He knew Harry cared more than he let on. But he also knew better than to push the issue.

Liam leaned forward, his expression serious. Hesitant about sharing his thoughts with his alpha, "Harry, I think you should actually worry about Aidan."

Harry raised an eyebrow, surprised by Liam's statement. "What do you mean? Aidan has always shown loyalty to this pack. When I went to visit several days ago, he was nothing but respectful and loyal to our traditions."

Liam nodded, but his gaze was troubled. "I know, but there have been rumors. People are saying that Aidan has been spending a lot of time with Louis, more than usual."

Harry's eyes appeared clouded, a sense of unease creeping over him. "What kind of rumors?"

Liam sighed, stopping for a moment before continuing. "Some of the pack members think Aidan has feelings for Louis. They say he's been trying to get close to him, maybe even trying to take advantage of the situation of him being your assistant."

Harry's jaw clenched, his fists tightening. "I won't let that happen. Louis is off-limits to everyone, especially Aidan."

Liam raised an eyebrow.

"He's the assistant of the Head of this pack Liam. That is the reason."

Liam cleared his throat, "I did not question your reasoning. However for your consideration, I saw Louis and Aidan together under the cherry blossom tree yesterday."

Harry's eyes narrowed, his expression darkening. "What were they doing?"

Liam hesitated, choosing his words carefully. "They were just talking, but it seemed...intimate. I think you should keep an eye on them."

"Thank you for telling me, Liam. I'll handle this," the Head Alpha said turning his back to the second in command and looking out the window of his office.

*Present

Marina paced back and forth in her room, her expression wary. "I don't trust Louis. There's something about him that doesn't sit right with me."

Aidan, who was sitting on the bed, looked up, intrigued. "What do you mean, Marina? Louis seems like a nice enough guy."

Marina shook her head, her eyes narrowed. "I think he's up to something. I want you to get close to him, see if you can find out what his intentions are."

Aidan hesitated, unsure of Marina's request. "Marina, I don't think spying on Louis is a good idea. For whatever reason you don't trust him, we should give him the benefit of the doubt."