|Chapter One|

Don't forget to Vote and Comment.❤

It has been a whole year since Louis was here last time. The small town of Adora, where his pack has been located for centuries, hadn't changed even a bit. He places his suitcase with the few belongings he has in it on the pavement and looks at his house.

Even though it looked old he had still missed it. His mother always took care of the flowers in their front yard, watering and planting colourful ones adding some life to the greyish landscape. It looks well preserved, even though that house has to be at least one hundred and fifty years old. He looks at the little swing his father set up at the old oak tree they have in front of their house. He remembers it so distinctly; his father, Robert, had tied what little rope he could find and had put one of the old cushions his grandma had sewed when she had been young, for Louis to sit on.

The rope was still there, even though Louis doubted it could carry him any longer, but still, it was good to see it still there reminiscing the days he was young, innocent and so full of love for his family and life.

He lets out an exasperated sigh and grabs the handle of the old greenish suitcase in his hand. It was late in the afternoon, and his mum should be at home by now. He had sent a letter to her a few weeks ago that he would come home back soon even though he hadn't particularly said when. He had saved enough money working at his school's cafeteria for a train ticket and he had gone every day at the train station for the past four days to find a cheap ticket that would send him home.

He walks slowly towards the front door, his heart beating faster with each step since in a few minutes he will see the faces he had missed so much and hear the voices he hadn't heard in such a long time. If his pack was a little more modern, he would have been able to hear his mother's sweet voice through a mobile phone, but, the Imperium pack didn't believe in them.

To a lot of people, one year may not look as such a long time, but that wasn't Louis' case. He has always been so close to his family and would have never been separated from them voluntarily. Poverty and so little possibilities as an omega man, made him take the choices he had taken.

When his father died he had left behind his wife, Catherine, and his two kids, Louis and Noelle. Catherine, an omega, could find easily a job when her husband died and with him their only source of income. But, unfortunately, in their pack omegas and betas weren't paid equally as alphas.

Louis had been an excellent student at his school, and when he came of age he had been able to snatch a scholarship at one of the best universities in the country. Unfortunately, uni lasted four years, so instead of following his dreams, he had applied for a course a few towns away to become an assistant. The course lasted only one year, and since Louis had been a top student, his studies were covered by the course.

He rasps his knuckles against the hardwood and waits patiently for one of his family to open it. A few seconds pass until the door opens with a screeching sound that is definitely not good for the ears. He looks at the tired eyes of his mother and a big smile spreads on her face immediately. She tackles her son in a hug, kissing his face everywhere she can and cries at the same time.

"Mum... you're crushing me," the omega says, his voice muffled from her hair all over his face. It's calming breathing in her smell after a long time and he doesn't want to let go of her ever again.

"My baby, I missed you so much. Can't believe that you're finally here," she wipes quickly her tears away, the bags under her eyes more prominent than when he left.

He knows his mother must have overworked herself to the bone, providing for Noelle and herself. Their situation hasn't improved a bit since Louis left, but now that he has a degree he hopes he will change that.