|Chapter Four|

Don't forget to Vote and Comment.❤

Not having a ride back home, causes Louis to walk to his house. He doesn't care though since he has gotten the best news he has ever received since he started school one year ago. It's calmingly breezy in Adora, soft winds caressing his skin, and the sun kissing his rosy cheeks. If he had a mirror in front of him right now - which would be weird since he is in the middle of the road - he'd probably be able to read the good news all over his face.

What he can't wait to see is his mother's face when she receives the news. It doesn't matter that he isn't informed about his salary yet. However it may be, it'll be better than nothing. The priceless thing of it all is that the blue-eyed omega doesn't feel useless at last. He had endured that for a few days, anxiety eating him alive, and a death sentence would have felt better.

In all the chaos of the last thirty minutes, he has yet to start feeling anxious about him meeting Harry on Monday, but he has the entire weekend ahead of him to worry about that. Nonetheless, Harry could be worse than he was as a child, but, for all he cares, he is going there to do his job and focus on what's important. Noe.

She is the biggest reason why he was getting to the point of obsession with snatching a job as soon as possible. That, and to show to the alphas of his pack that he doesn't need a mate to take care of him. He may be delicate, but he is not weak. His mother is his best example and considering that the woman omega hadn't had the chance to attend school as it was even worse when she had been Louis' age, she had done amazingly with raising two kids. Now, he has the opportunity to shut up those nasty mouths who dared and looked down on him.

If anyone dared and told him he can't do something then he will make sure to prove these people wrong. It's not about revenge or challenge; it's more about opening people's eyes to how important omegas are to their society. Yes, by nature alphas are physically stronger, but, that should not be a factor in putting people on different levels. The will and desire to move forward, the intelligence, the way people approach issues is what matters most.

When he gets home, about an hour and a half later, there is no one on the first floor. He gets rid of his shoes, making a beeline for their first-floor bathroom and splashing ice cold water on his face. It's refreshing and so much needed. Louis is happy he put on sunscreen before he left the house in the morning.

"Ma!" He calls as soon as he finishes his business in the bathroom. He climbs up the flight of stairs two at a time, needing to be rid of the clothes he has currently on.

"I'm here, baby," Catherine responds not more than a few seconds later. She had a half of a shift today, since it's Saturday, and he is so happy she is the first person who is going to know about his news.

As soon as Catherine sees her son, a wide smile appears on her face, Louis' happiness easily read on his features. She doesn't give him the chance to speak as she runs to him and engulfs his son in a bone-crushing hug. He can feel the happy vibration of her body while his mother is on his arms, and right there and then nothing else matters. Nothing can make this moment go away. He is happy he finally made her proud; Catherine had always said she was proud of her children, but Louis never felt proud of himself.

The knowledge of him not doing anything to change their situation, consumed his soul from the inside day by day. It's fucking terrifying knowing how hard poverty has hit your family and you're not helping at all. That had been the only time he had hated being an omega. Poverty had made him hate his gender, but mostly he hated the rules. Those rules had left him without a choice; without options. Those rules had punished him from being born a gender he had no choice over.