|Chapter Twelve|

Don't forget to Vote and Comment!❤️

Harry sat in his study, the room bathed in the warm glow of the afternoon sun. He had made an offer to Louis, a risky proposition that could change everything he stood for up until now. Yet, Louis had refused, and Harry couldn't shake off the confusion that lingered in his mind.

He leaned back in his chair, his fingers steepled in front of him as he thought back to that moment. He had offered Louis a chance to repay the money he needed for his sister's treatment by taking him as a lover. It had been a bold move, one born out of curiosity and a hint of something else, something he couldn't quite put into words.

But Louis had slapped him, cursed him, and walked away, leaving Harry to ponder the reasons behind his rejection. Was it pride? Anger? Or was there something deeper, something Harry hadn't considered?

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. He had never been one to dwell on his doings, but this felt different. He couldn't shake off the feeling that he had missed something crucial, something that could change everything.

As he sat there, lost in thought, he couldn't help but wonder what could have been if Louis had accepted his offer. Would they have been able to go back to normal after sleeping together? Only time would tell, but for now, Harry was left with nothing but questions and the haunting memory of Louis' rejection.

Harry knocked on Marina's door, waiting for her to answer. When she opened it, he greeted her with a stern expression. "Marina, I need to speak with you about something important."

Marina looked up, surprised by his serious tone. "Of course, Harry. What is it?"

Harry's gaze was unwavering. "Louis, my assistant, will no longer be working for me. He's dealing with a personal matter and will be away for a while. I need someone to temporarily take over his tasks until we find a replacement."

Marina frowned, feeling a twinge of guilt. "I'm sorry to hear that, Harry. But I'm not sure if I'm the right person for the job. I'm not familiar with his duties."

Harry's expression softened slightly. "I understand, Marina. It's a lot to ask, but I need someone I can trust to help out in this situation. Can I count on you to step up and assist me?"

Marina hesitated, feeling the weight of Harry's expectations. "I'll do my best, Harry. But I can't promise that I'll be able to fill Louis' shoes."

Harry nodded, acknowledging her concerns. "That's all I can ask for, Marina. Thank you for being willing to help out. I'll make sure to brief you on Louis' tasks so you're not completely in the dark."

Marina, feeling overwhelmed by the unfamiliar tasks she had taken on after Louis' leave, was trying to organize Harry's files to make sense of them. In her attempt to help, she inadvertently mixed up the files, creating a mess on Harry's desk.

When Harry returned to his office and saw the disarray, his expression darkened. "What is this?" he demanded, gesturing to the scattered papers.

Marina looked up, realizing her mistake. "I'm sorry, Harry. I was just trying to..."

Harry cut her off, his voice sharp. "It appears I made a mistake. I don't need your help, Marina. You were supposed to assist me, not make things worse."

Marina tried to explain, but Harry's anger was palpable. He began to sort through the files himself, muttering under his breath about incompetence.

Feeling guilty and embarrassed, Marina quickly left the room, knowing she had overstepped her bounds. She vowed to be more careful in the future, realizing that her efforts to help had only caused more trouble.