|Chapter Six|

Don't forget to Vote and Comment. ❤️

The first few days, after Louis started working at the pack house, passed oddly quietly. He had not expected for his work to be flowing that peacefully, not especially after his and Harry's encounter. The Alpha has mainly kept to himself, only asking quietly for the tasks that usually involve a job like his to do.

Louis has always worked as if he had to prove something to somebody. Even at the cafe at his school's building, he had always tried to butt in some extra hours for some mere pounds. Whatever could help him to get him out of his poverty. Harry had thrown at his face that he did not have work experience and Louis had let him believe that, perfectly knowing that if the Alpha actually knew, he would have started offending him even worse.

Alphas like Harry, very old-fashioned ones, did not take well in learning that omegas worked in an environment full of alphas. Louis did work right now in that specific type of environment, but when the head of the pack resulted to live in it, there were much fewer cases in which Louis would feel in danger. There are approximately eight Alphas living inside of a two-storey house, and the only alpha he is afraid of is Harry.

Harry, who has been showing the least amount of interest in Louis the past week since Louis started working there. It's not like Louis craves his attention; nor wants it. Absolutely not. Especially from somebody that has a peanut instead of a brain. It's that Louis was expecting more fighting, more snark behind Harry's words. Niall had warned him that first day, and Louis knew that his warning was not for nothing. But Harry's calm. Too calm.

Just like the wolf before he bites.

He had not even been able to chat a lot with Niall as well, as the blue-eyed alpha has not been able to stay at the house for too long, always running somewhere with Asia to get ready for his mated life. His mother has expressed her happiness for Niall, but that didn't mean that she has not been annoying Louis about finding an alpha of his own. And no matter how many times Louis explains that he will never agree to be courted by an alpha who has Adora's mentality, she never seems to get it.

Louis is an omega, and he doesn't have to repeat it over and over again that he is proud of his gender, but Louis is not used to obey and lower his head every time an alpha walks in a room. The typical omega that Harry expects him to be. He does not think that those types of omegas, the ones that Harry insists on being the perfect ones, are stupid. They are just ignorant and wrongly educated that there is a certain way that they should behave if they want an alpha to even glance in their way. That they should accept their own mothers to tell them to shut up when their own father is speaking something that maybe sometimes doesn't even make sense. That omegas should accept being so strongly underappreciated and so poorly treated.

If that would be the case, then Louis doesn't want an alpha. At all. Even if he will get called a spinster or worse.

''Omega!'' He hears Harry's voice from the other side of the house, seething and gravelly.

He only hopes this isn't the nth time Harry has been calling him, because he doesn't want to give that knothead any reason to get at him. Louis places his coffee on the windowpane, it has gone cold and  tasteless, like every bit of his life lately. Harry had insisted in keeping the house cold lately, declaring that alphas were too warm by nature. It had caused Louis to wear the thickest sweater he owned, which wasn't much. Louis was cold on the warmest day of the year, let alone in a habitat that was kept cold on purpose.

His cup had served to keep his cold, sweater hands warm, but it had gone icy faster than Louis could blink.

He did not respond to Harry's calling, just turned around, eyes leaving the greenery in front of him, and hurrying his steps in the direction of Harry's office. His lungs breathe out a deep puff of air, and he knocks slightly on the door, waiting for a response.