LAST FOREVER [...]

you are fifteen, dear. you're eyes are aged far beyond your years. your soul is as old as the stars. the dirt underneath your fingernails had come from the corners of the earth- back when your legacy stretched across the universe.

back when your smile was straight and clean and white teethed and fearless and the way is shined like a thousand suns, dear, you shined like a thousand suns in those prime times when it was you and i, always the center of the attention you were. always the center of the galaxy- we were all just orbiting you, weren't we? you deserved it back then, when you lived like you loved it.

funny how time does us, yeah? how little time a change requires. how a single day could rearrange our lives- how a single second could kill us or birth us, how a single second could burn us or set us free. time is a tricky subject, time is fucking cruel and fucking beautiful- don't fuck with time dear. and god, oh god, you tried to, didn't you? you screamed at the top of mountains, I WILL LIVE FOREVER. you screamed underneath the bathtub water at six am when i tried to drench you of your eternal haze, I WILL LIVE FOREVER but it was muffled and the water bubbled and we all knew you wouldn't live forever but god, you really thought you would, didn't you?

when you went sky diving and cliff jumping we all just thought you were insane, a rebellious spirit by nature composed of dare and death and the mix of between and we never expected it to mean anything more- nor anything less.

you kissed strangers, you kissed my cheeks when we turned fourteen, told me i was absolutely golden in a world of black and white and then we stayed up talking all night, i wondered what drove you to the point of insanity. was it me? or was it, perhaps, him?

you told us you'd last forever, but nothing ever does. you died with the lights of the sky, now your name can't be spoken without a faint tear and the sound of a heart breaking somewhere in the distance and i remember a question you asked me once.

"if a soul dies all alone at night, is it heard?"

it's not heard- it's felt.

-LAST FOREVER WHY DONT WE

[in which suicide takes yet another soul rip may]