Lucia

Lucia

We were travelling from Monaco to Barcelona, which would only take an hour and a half.

Since I was to travel with the team that meant we were leaving on Tuesday, 2 days before the actual race weekend.

I didn't mind though, it meant I could explore the city a bit more. I had been lucky enough to travel to Barcelona before, but with my brother of course.

This time I could walk the streets by myself and speak to all the locals, not thinking if I was tarnishing his image.

The flight was going to be a quick one, so I thought I may as well just read instead of speaking to anyone. Part of me thought I would have enough time over the weekend to get to know everyone on the team and the other part of me didn't want to talk to anyone because of the conversation with Charles.

To him I probably over reacted. He didn't know my past and he didn't know how much those words would hurt me.

No one did.

I always put on a brave face. I never showed my weakness. One thing that my father taught me that I am grateful for is to never show anyone your weaknesses.

But no one can always live a lie.

And I couldn't keep this facade up forever.

I had to let someone in eventually, if I wanted to find true love.

Minding my own business on the jet, I suddenly had the feeling that someone was looking at me. I was meet with his green eyes, when I looked up. For a split second I saw something flicker in his eyes. Like it was hope. It gave me a warm feeling in my stomach. I hadn't felt that feeling in a long time. I used to think that feeling terrified me. But for some reason I didn't mind it. I didn't mind that those green eyes were giving me this feeling.

Without thinking I was smiling at him and he seemed shocked at my actions.

This made me giggle.

For someone who puts on this persona that he can win girls hearts over at the touch of his finger, he was quite shocked that I was smiling at him.

Turning back to my novel, my eyes fell onto this particular line which made me hold my breath for a second.

'Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all'

Looking back up, I paused as my gaze fell on him. I saw him laughing at something Carlos had said.

Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea to just get to know him.