Lucia

Lucia

Just as Charles let my room last night, I had asked Bella to book me the earliest flight to Monaco.

I had to leave before everyone else and on my own. She tried to question my decision, as I was supposed to stay on their two days but she could hear how serious my voice was. I would explain everything once I was back home. 

Seeing Gabriel had shaken something in me. I was constantly on edge last night, not being able to sleep. Just thinking that he would come to the hotel and find my room.

It wouldn't be the first time that I had hidden from him. He used to get so angry when he didn't know where I was. I used to think that was him showing me how much he cared for me and that he was scared I'd be in danger. But it turns out that if he didn't know where I was, to inform my father, he wouldn't get his pay.

That's one of the things from my past relationship that I hid from a lot of people, including Max. I didn't even think my brother or my mother knew. But even if they did know, they wouldn't care.

The deal between my father and Gabriel was simple. My father could pretend to give me freedom, whilst Gabriel got money.
They were real secretive about it too.

Even though Gabriel was my brothers best friend, I had never been introduced to him. My brother rarely wanted me involved in his personal life. My parents let me take a trip to Italy for a week by myself. I was over the moon, I finally thought they could trust me. On my first day there, after I had left the hotel I was staying at, my father planned that Gabriel would bump into me at a the local cafe.

At the time, it was like a scene out of a movie, I had just finished ordering my drink, he was walking away with his order and it spilled all over my top. He was so quick to apologise and when we made eye contact, and I saw how concerned he was, all I could do was smile. He was relieved that I took that accident well and he even started to laugh with me.

Instantly I was struck my his smile, it was like a breathe of fresh air. He was so mesmerised by me that he'd even asked me out on a date.

I fell right into their trap.

I had never experienced a stranger ask me out spontaneously before. Everyone knew who my brother was and it scared off any guy. They didn't want to be anywhere near Romero or my father.

That evening Gabriel took me out and we just ate at a family owned pizza shop in Rome. It wasn't fancy but I preferred that, it made it real for me.

I was so happy finally experiencing something normal people could, without being constantly watched. We even spent the rest of the week together. We did every touristy thing and activity you could do.