Lucia

Lucia

If you described this 'get together' as anything but awkward, I'm sorry but you would be completely wrong.

Usually, I am not the type of person to sit back and wait around for others to start, but I felt entirely out of place.

I had no idea where to begin or what to ask. You just can't force people to get to know each other, let alone make them friends.

"So"

Carlos said, trying to break the silence.

We had probably been sitting here in silence for 15 minutes. I guess I wasn't the only one feeling like this was the weirdest meeting.

"Well, since you've already gotten to know this muppet, I'll start us off by telling you a little bit about myself. I'm not sure if you've been informed, but this is my home GP, and I am really looking forward to it. I grew up in Madrid, though, not Barcelona. Nonetheless, this is still my home GP. I am the son of Carlos Sainz Sr, a World Rally Champion. I made my Formula One debut back in 2015. I have one sister, who I adore the most, but I equally love everyone in my family. I have a girlfriend, her name is Isa, and I love her dearly. You'll actually get a chance to meet her in the paddock. I reckon you two will be good friends."

Nodding my head as he finished talking. I realised that it was then my turn to share stuff about myself.

"My name is Lucia Rossi, which, omg, you already know."

I avoided eye contact with both of them so they couldn't see how stupid I felt for saying the one thing they already knew, in a meeting designed for us to be telling each other things we don't know.

"I am a full-time model, recently signing a contract with Ferrari Fashion. I have previously worked with brands such as Dior, Chanel, and many others, but I won't bore you with that. I recently moved to Monaco with the help of my best friend, Max. I have started working with Vogue to present a historical analysis of the art of jewellery for other upcoming exhibitions."

With both of them looking satisfied with my introduction, I was ready to sit here in silence for the rest of the time we had left being stuck in this room.

I was almost convinced we wouldn't continue talking when Charles decided to pipe up.

"Rossi, that's your last name right?"

Please don't be thinking what I think he is thinking.

"a yeah"

I sheepishly responded.

"As in the same Rossi and Romero Rossi."

yeah fuck.

"Oh my god, I didn't even realise."