How to paint a slab of wood

Heyo! Ari here! I'm currently watching paint dry (literally). So since I'm painting, I decided to give you some tips!

Here ya go!

-When painting base colors, the thicker the brush the better!

-Don't try to mix colors on the canvas/object! Use a cup, paint palette, or plate to thoroughly mix the paint first!

-Use long strokes.

-When painting, you may need multiple layers to get the color you want. More paint does not equal more color! If you glob on paint, it will take forever to dry, look bumpy, and will probably need another layer anyways. The thinner the layer the less time it takes to dry. (I personally use super thin coats. While I will end up going in circles and painting the same thing over and over, it's great for my hyperfixation, as I have the tendency to get really focused on what I'm doing and once I'm disrupted, I just can't stay focused on it anymore. That was a run-on sentence but what is this? 2nd grade language arts?)

-When painting details, less is more. You can always add more later!

-Don't paint your outlines! Use a black permanent marker after you are finished painting!

-If you want to draw lines first, use pencil, which can easily be erased from the canvas/object. Go over it when the paint is completely dry with a black permanent marker.

-White pens and markers work amazingly well for highlights

-Masking tape/painters tape can be used to make a perfectly straight line

-The back ends of the brushes make perfect little dots

And yea that's really all I've got for you at the moment! I'm currently painting/writing/listening to music. As you can probably tell, my brain is going way too fast again and I need stuff to slow it down XD

There's paint all over my hands but oh well 0-0