8

When I woke up the next morning the first thing or rather person I saw was Blake. He was smiling so wide I flinched when I thought of the pain in his cheeks.

"Hey Arnold, I brought you lunch." He smiled. "Blake brought three flavors of juice cause he couldn't carry them all." He said looking towards the door and that was when I realized six extremely built guys were inside my ward room.

"Yeah i got pineapple, apple and mango,,which one do you like zucherro?" He asked. I smiled softly when I saw his frown as if genuinely frustrated he didn't know my favorite flavor.

"I brought ice cream but I just settled for chocolate sprinkles and vannila." Said Cain almost bouncing off his feet.

Behind him were the other three carrying get well soon cards and stuffed animals. Were they all for me? That was extremely too much.

"Uhh...hi guys,,,been long." I said smiling sheepishly. I guess since I got their dad involved they were also involved.

"Yeah...three weeks and sixteen hours approximately." Said Dennis cheerily. We all blankly stared at him.

"What?" He questioned looking at all of us.

"How did you even know that?" Asked Chris looking just as surprised as we all were.

"I counted." Dennis shrugged. Even his twin Daniel looked at him weirdly.

"OK....now if we could talk about something more normal..." Blake started.

"Yeah id appreciate that." I chuckled. They all seemed to smile.

"Hope you're getting better by the way." Said Ben grinning like he just got a lollipop.

"Yeah i guess I am, the doctor said my mom is healing well?" I asked. They winced at the mention of my mom and I immediately suspected something. It was like they knew her.

"Yeah she is getting better I guess...am not so sure." Said Dennis saving his brothers from the silence that had suddenly invaded the room.

"Here you should take the food first you must be hungry." Said Blake handing me the bag. I opened it and immediately fell in love with the smell... The same food Alfred had bought me when taking me home.

"Thank you so much I don't know how I'll repay you guys.". I said truly grateful. They all shrugged like it was nothing and smiled at me.

"No need, it was our duty...." Dennis punched Daniel in the shoulder before he finished that sentence and gave him a stern glare. Weird.

"So you guys seem to know my mom?" I questioned. They stiffened and Cain sighed.

"Sort of...not much I guess." He said. I nodded and kept eating.

"She is a great person you should meet her." I said.

"I think we have..." Blake trailed off.

"Not the best experience." Chris grumbled. I still nodded maybe they met her when she was drunk and out of her element.

"I just want you guys to know I will pay you back if I get a job after I graduate highschool." I said confidently. Liza said she'd hire me if I got a highschool a certificate.

"You really don't have to Arnold." Said Dennis and I smiled.

"Thank you so much again, the food is delicious." I said. They sat at different chairs in the room.

"Do you remember your dad?" Asked Blake out of the Blue, I could tell he was the oldest. No one questioned him.

I scrunched my nose. Did I ? My mom always said my dad was a stupid asshole who didn't know how to take care of his family. I looked at Blake and shook my head.

"Nope, I just know he couldn't take care of my mom and me." I said. Blake looked furious by what I said but I just shrugged.

"Maybe he couldn't afford a wife and kid. Thats what I try to tell myself. Its better than thinking am related to that useless Denvan and his son." I said cringing at just the mention of their names. All the brothers chuckled. I bet they knew him. I mean considering they raided his school and kidnapped me I bet they did know him.

"Would you ever want to meet him?" Asked Blake. I thought for a while. Did I? Maybe he was better off now and could take care of mom and me. Maybe he would protect me from the likes of Mr Willow because he would not allow mom to gamble the house. Maybe we won't even have to pay rent because it will be our own personal house with no mortgage. Maybe he would finally realize having a son isn't so bad is I didn't ask him for money or anything. Maybe I could make my dad love me.

"I guess, yeah! I'd love to go to watch the football matches in my school with him." I said excitedly. Though I was kicked out of the team, I still had a love for football that no one could put out. I still went to watch it even though at the end of the day I ended up walking home alone in the cold and crying, it still made me feel whole. They all smiled at me and nodded before Ben gave me some Juice. I couldn't remember if I had ever tasted juice before but it smelt like fruit and I loved the pineapple smell so I wanted to try it first.

"What's your favourite colour?" Asked Blake just before i took a sip of my juice. I stopped midway,that was random.

"I guess Black?" I more so asked than answered .

"It gives me hope that wounds are beginning to heal when I see scab you know?" I clarified and they stared at me like they were shocked.

"Oh...OK...uhmm...how many friends do you have?"Moo Asked Blake to divert the topic just as I sipped the pineapple juice. I didn't answer though, the words stuck in my throat as a pain flushed through my head once more.

"Arnold are you OK?" Asked Blake. I trued to nod but all I could think about was that that voice sounded familiar. An image flashed through my brain as I looked up.

Michael...Michael Miguel.." I whispered unsure and they all stared at me unsure of what I was saying.

"Thats...thats my dad." I whispered and I saw the look of shock on their faces before I blacked out.