7

When I woke up I felt a sharp pain on my back but I didnt want to think much of it. My main focus was that I was in a room full of bright blinding lights and too clean walls. I took a breathe but all I could smell was disinfectant and drugs. I hated that smell. I had a bad headache as I tried to recall how I got to the place.

I remembered calling Mr Miguel and mom unconscious I sat up immediately and the machine started beeping faster.

Doctors rushed into the room and stared at me checking for pulses.

"Sir are you OK?" Asked one of them. I looked at him confused.

"You call patients sir?" I asked. He tilted his head confused and stared at me.

"You are Arnold are you not?" He asked. I nodded still unsure why he asked. He looked at his collegue.

"Isn't he the Son to Mr Miguel?" He questioned the other equally confused guy.

"I thought he was." He whispered. I furrowed my brows confused.

"No am not. Anyway can I have some soup...my throat feels.....wait where is my mom?" I asked looking around erratically.

The doctor held my hand.

"Calm down. She is healing."

"Do you remember how you got here?" Asked one of the doctors. I looked at him for a while.

"No but I know my mom was unconscious when I got home." I said still feeling dizzy. He nodded.

"Mr Miguel brought you and your mom here so we could nurse you both back to health." He said.

"No shit sherlock." I rolled my eyes. An excruciating pain shot through my head and I had to calm down before I blacked out again.

"We found so many marks on your body and scars...." He said then stopped as if waiting for my response but all I could think about was how the hell I would explain to them without my mom getting in trouble.

"Yeah....I play around a lot..." I chuckled nervously. The doctor frowned and I just realized how handsome he was in his white coat.

"We also found a lot of drugs in your mothers system, some are even illegal and some taken in large doses we fear she may be affected." He said. I looked at him shocked.

"You said she was healing! Is she not going to make it?" I asked concern lacing my voice.

"Sir Arnold that is not our main worry right now." He spoke calmly.

"What do you mean by that? She deserves proper medical care and attention!" I glared at the two medical professionals before me.

"Yes she does but so do you, am surprised you haven't coughed up blood yet considering you have internal bleeding, Arnold I called child services." He spoke.

"What do they have to do with this! They don't know me!" I said annoyed. He sighed and looked at his friend for help who only shook his head and turned to me.

"Arnold I think you should get some rest. You need it now more than ever." His friend said and the doctor nodded.

"Yeah we will talk later, when all parties are here." He said.

"What do you mean all parties? Is my mom already better.?" I asked shocked. They nodded and started walking to the door.

"She was out of the ICU three days ago." Said the other not so handsome doctor.

"What do you mean three days ago?" I asked shocked. "How long have I been out?" I asked. They smiled slightly and the handsome one left.

"About three weeks?" He asked. My eyes widened. And no one looked for me?  Who am I kidding of course no one did. I didn't even have friends apart from Liza. I didn't answer them I was still in my own head wondering how I had passed out for three weeks straight.

"Well we think the injuries you had were too much for your body to handle and maybe a consistent occurrence of shocking events made your brain to back out so that you could make sense of everything." He said. I nodded. Maybe he was right. Being kidnapped and locked in a janitors closet then finding my mom passed out on the floor bloody must have taken a toll on me.

"What about uhh.....the...you know...bills...are they too much?" I asked. The doctor slightly smiled.

"Of course it is kid. Your mom was in oxygen for 13 days!" He smiled.  Shit! I guess i needed Willow again.

"How much? Can I pay in installments?" I asked. He smiled and took my hand in his.

"I always knew Miguels were fighters." He said. I looked at him strangely again but he just smiled. "No Miguel took care of everything." He spoke casually as if it was normal for a kidnapper to pay the bills for a kid and woman he didn't even know.

"Can you thank him for me?" I asked shyly.

"Yeah but you could thank him yourself. At the moment he is in Italy, he will be back in two days and you will have all the time in the world to thank him." He said smiling at me still. I did not want to tell him I felt uncomfortable when someone smiled at me for more than two minutes because he seemed nice so i smiled back and nodded.

He stood up and headed to the door but then seemed to remember something. He came back in and opened the can on my bedside table and handed it to me. He walked to the opposite side of the room where there was a sink and filled a glass with water before walking back to me.

"Here, its for the pain." He said. I thanked him and took it.

"A lot of things will not make sense but you just have to trust your instincts." He said like a true wiseman. Now I was torn between thinking of him as the wise baboon in lion kind and the wise tortoise in my favourite story but one thing dominated my whole mind and I was too scared to ask for it...I was hella hungry.

🤥writers block hit me hard