27

When I woke up, I was mostly healed. Turns out I was in a medically induced comma till I got better. I was discharged that very day and we all went home. I couldn't help but notice Cain's hard gazes towards me and how he seemed angry when he had to talk to me. I figured from Chris that his match day was the next day and he wasn't happy. Apparently, none of the family members would go to watch him since Michael wanted them to stay at home with me because of the injury I had.

When we got home Cain was less discreet in hiding the fact that he was mad at me. I knocked on his door. He glared at me as I entered.
"Hey....uhh...are you OK?" I said entering the house. This seemed to anger him more.

"What is your problem? Why do you always have to act like a baby? Well newsflash! You are 18!!! Get that into your skull! This was the first time the family was to watch my game and you ruined it! I wish you would have died in the hands of Martha." He said and turned away from me. I stared at him. Then blinked, once then twice and before I could respond....

"Get out of my room Arnold!" He shouted. I hurriedly left,afraid. Why was he so angry at me? I went into my room and just sat on my bed. My injury was a bit painful but not much. I knew Cain was about to leave to his game. If the rest were staying at home to take care of me, I could make them take care of me AT the game. I decided to make sure the whole family watched Cain's game. All I had to do was sneak out first. Dennis was the one taking care of me at that particular hour since they took turns. The rest were in their rooms while Dennis was in the living room. The security had been increased tenfold so I had to get past security without them being suspicious or worried. I knew how to get past Dennis and one of the security guards, James, their leader was a very good friend of mine.

I started by texting Tony and explaining my emergency and he was more than happy to seduce my brother and get him to his room as soon as possible. Then I texted James and he assured me the gate security guards would let me pass since he had talked to them. I took my car keys from my bedside table when Tony texted me that he was at the mansion. It did not take long before the coast was clear and I liked down the stairs to that garage. In less than three days the house had been renovated and back to its original state. At this point, am not even surprised. I took my black car and drove as fast as I could to the stadium where Cain's game was. It wasn't hard to find out from Chris who couldn't stop praising his brother's skills.

I sat at the last bench near a corner and I locked eyes with Cain for a brief moment. His eyes lit up in hope as he looked around me to look for his family but he frowned when he didn't see anyone. His eyes locked to mine and he glared at me and scoffed. I guess I wasn't the family he wanted there. Now it was time to execute plan B. I texted Michael and told him i was at the stadium where Cain's game was. I told him to come with everyone because I had something to show them. I couldn't spot seats at the front which Cain had saved for the whole family. I knew the guards would lead them there as soon as they arrived then I spotted Martha wearing the cheerleaders uniform. She spotted me and let out a bright smile at me. She started heading to wards me and wrapped me in a hug. I tried not to wince when she touched my injury by accident.

"Hey Arnold, heard you were shot. Am so sorry." She sympathized. I smiled. At least one person in the relationship liked me.

"Its nothing really, I didn't know you were a cheerleader." I changed the subject. Martha clearly knew we were part of the mafia so there was no use lying to her.

She chuckled. "Yeah, I joined so that I could have a front row seat to cheer my boyfriend." She wiggled her brows and I laughed. "Speaking of front row seats, shouldn't you be sitted at the front? Am pretty sure the school always sets seats for the Miguels in case they show up." She said confused. I shrugged.

"Am waiting for the family." I lied. Truth is, I did not want to sit at the front. Cain clearly did not want me here. She nodded understanding and she shrugged.

"Well, I gotta go Arnold, I'll see you after the game OK?" She said hugging me. This time I hugged her back as she left. It wasn't long before I saw my family resisting while being led by a guard to the front. As soon as they got there, they searched for me. They didn't see me and I could clearly see how stressed out Michael was, even when the security guards requested them to kindly sit down. Cain's eyes lit up when he saw his brothers and dad and Chris and Blake waved at him. Dennis sat beside Tony and by the frown on his face, I knew they had been interrupted from a very heated session. I smiled to myself, what this guys could do for family. I quickly texted Michael that I was fine and I had found a seat next to my friend so he did not have to worry. He seemed happy I found a friend but he still kept telling me to be careful and find them immediately after the game. After about forty minutes of watching Cain gracefully play on the court, I felt the need to go and help myself, so I left trying to find a bathroom to relieve myself and maybe get some snacks.

I got out some doors in the stadium looking for any restroom, no one was in the back but I spotted a restroom so I hurried to where it was. After relieving myself and washing my hands I got out, looking for any snack stand when suddenly, a cloth was wrapped around my nose from behind and I was held so tightly I was in pain. The injury throbbed as I tried to free myself. The voice I heard next made me freeze and completely stood trying to get away.

"Time to go home Arnie, I've waited long enough!"  Jordan!  I didn't resist as I blacked out.