11

"So you are not straight but you have seven children?" I asked trying yo hide my surprise. He chuckled like I said something so funny.

"Yeah, it does not mean I don't love you guys..." He trailed off. I nodded.

"Yeah, I can tell." I said honestly, he truly treats his sons like they are jewels which I have no problem with considering I am now one of them. I sat up and turned to him.

"I think its cool actually." I said and thought for a while. "Its cool that they accept you too." I said referring to his sons but his frown turned to a pout.

"See, the thing is actually, none of them knows. I mean I guess they suspect it...." He scratched the back of his head smiling sheepishly. I chuckled, this guy was something else.

"Well what will happen when you meet one of their teachers and you find him really handsome and start dating him and you actually start planning a future with him?" I chuckled again. "Actually that would be really funny, not gonna lie." It was then that I realized that Michael was oddly silent and staring at the floor and his face scrunched up into a guilty frown as he seemed to rethink something.

"Wait! You really are dating one of their teachers?" I asked shocked. He sighed.

"Technically its Chris' ex Italian teacher, considering you are all done with highschool...." He said sheepishly. My eyes widened.

"Well when did you meet him?" I asked already knowing where this was going.

"When he was teaching Chris? Like two years ago?" He didn't make it a statement. It was a guilty question, I just didn't understand the guilt, I sure as heaven found my father's dating life a freaking TV show.

"Two years? Well are you planning to tell them after a decade?" I asked surprised.

"I wanted to, I swear. Jacob isn't ready, he thinks Chris still holds a grudge against him." Said Michael.

"His name is Jacob?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah Jacob Millers." He said. I nodded.

"Well what did he do To Chris for him to have a grudge against him? I mean apart from the fact that Chris hates all humanity..." I stopped myself when Michael smiled.

"He gave him detention." He deadpanned. I rolled my eyes.

"That's it? Am sure Chris deserved it..."

"He couldn't say goodbye in Italian and he had just thought it, Chris was using his phone in class." He said. I nodded.

"Yeah he totally deserved it... So Chris hates him now?" I asked.

"Not sure,he hasn't spoken of the incident since, but he gets irritated anytime someone says goodbye in Italian." I nodded. This family is weird.

"Maybe you could start by asking Chris how he feels about Jacob first before telling them, you know? Approach the source of the problem first." I said. He thought about it for a while and nodded to himself.

"Yeah i will do that.." Just then the door opened.

"Hey dad, hey Arnold?" Ben greeted and the rest entered the ward room. I mumbled a hey and waited for them to settle. I could tell Michael was a bit tensed, probably thinking they had our conversation.

"So you guys just came in?" I asked just to be sure.

"Yeah, we had to wait for Chris at the mall food court for about an hour but hey, its not like we were headed somewhere important!" Dennis gave Chris a pointed look. Michael visibly relaxed after hearing that.

"I was at practice you asshole!" Chris pointed out. Dennis rolled his eyes chewing on gum.

"So was Cain but he got there early." Said Daniel backing up his twin.

"Lacrosse and basketball practice aren't the same! You would know that if you actually showed up during our games." Cain said.

"Shanice was sick!" Dennis exclaimed.

"So are those shoes you refused to buy me but hey...who am I to complain..." Daniel whined innocently.

"You have a closet full of different sneakers!" Said Ben bewildered by his brother.

"Anyway dad,before this fools kill each other...you were saying you will do something when we arrived, what's that?" Asked Blake. Michael tensed at that but I just hummed. I had lied a thousand times to get out of trouble.

"Yeah he wants to enroll me in a new school in Italy, right Michael?" I asked. He smiled gratefully and nodded.

"Yeah turns out Arnold hated Denvan just as much as we did." He chuckled nervously. The boys seemed to buy it.

"So where Blake and Ben learn?" Asked Daniel and Michael nodded. I turned to him and he smiled.

"Its a nice private school." He stated.

" Well you will be in the same senior year as Stacey McDarwin soi wouldn't get that excited." Chris rolled his eyes.

Cain giggled. "Is my brother still jealous my ex girlfriend won the science contest?" He smiled. Chris glared at him as the rest of them laughed and sighed.

"Don't say Bullshit Cain, you and I know her father made her win cause he headed the event! I was supposed to win!" Said Chris.
"At least Marcus spent four weeks comforting your petty ass." Cain shrugged. Chris immediately turned pink which went unnoticed for all of them except me. Looks like Michael isn't the only closeted gay in his family. I smiled.

"Oh come on Cain you know your brother hates Marcus!" Michael chuckled. "I bet he only accepted comfort because he was undergoing full mode depression." He added. Chris gave a stern nod and turned away.

"Can we talk of something else?" He asked.

"Oh yeah , doctors say Arnold can leave today." Michael said and we all nodded. That's actually great.

"So where do we go after this?" Asked Daniel.

"The airport, our private jet has been arranged and we will leave immediately for Italy, your grandparents can't stop calling." Michael exclaimed making all the boys groan.

"Please tell me its not pumpkin season." Said Dennis.

"I think that's why they are calling....get ready for a month of pumpkin diet boys." Michael laughed heartily and I smiled. I loved pumpkins.