28

"I think we should stop," Sam said turning the camera from the REM-pod, to Colby and I.

"I think we should keep going," I said looking at Colby through the camera lenses reflection, he looked scared.

"I know you want answers Lexi, but I have a really bad feeling about this," Sam said looking at me with a concerned yet comforting look.

"Okay," I said a little disappointed, but I knew I would eventually find my answers. With or without the guys, "we can stop."

"Thank you," Sam said with a bit of relief, "goodbye. You're not welcome to follow any of us home."

I stared off at where the rem-pod had been. I didn't know if I was mad at Sam for having us stop, or happy that I could do it on my own with no distractions.

Colby pulled me out of my trance by kissing the top of my head softly. My eyes started to water a little from staring, so I did my best to fake a yawn.

"Are you tired?" Colby asked me before standing up.

"A little I guess," I paused, "I just feel kinda drained."

"I would to, you've had a rough week so far," Colby said helping me up off the ground.

"What's the plan for the rest of the day?" I asked.

"Just relaxing, unless there is something you guys want to do," Sam said pulling his backpack of equipment over his shoulders.

"I'm fine with whatever we do," I said looking at Sam, then Colby.

"Ready to head up to the room?" Sam asked.

"Yeah," I said as Colby nodded.

Why wasn't he talking? Did sam do something to make him mad? Did I?! I hope not. Maybe he just knows I'm going to end up coming back and that scares him.

We headed up to the room in silence. I was next to Colby, holding his hand, and Sam was in front of us. Colby just stared at the floor in front of him as we walked. I kept looking up at him and he never moved his eyes or changed his blank facial expression.

"Finally," Sam said with a sigh as he hopped on his bed.

"I didn't know you didn't like up that much," I said with a laugh.

"Yup I 100% hate you," Sam said jokingly.

"Love you too," I said smiling and sprawling out on Colby and I's bed.

Colby still didn't even say anything and just lightly moved my body out of his way so he could lay down.

"Is everything okay?" I asked Colby.

"Not really, but I don't wanna talk about it right now," he said pulling out his phone and scrolling through something.

"Oh...okay," I said before burying my head in my pillow.

*Colby's POV*

I scrolled through instagram for a little before I got tired of seeing shit about Lexi and I. I saw everything from hate comments, to people planning our wedding, support, to death threats already.

None of it really phased me, I was distracted. I didn't know if I should be mad at Lexi, or wait and let her explain.

While we had been investigating she set her phone on the carpet face up. I felt the floor vibrate causing me to look at it, Lexi didn't even feel it. At least it didn't seem like she did.