~Present day~

My hair is blowing in the wind and my radio is blaring the smiths, I'm sitting in my 84' convertible on my way to mystic falls for the first time in 41 years. it's so good to be back, other then the fact that it looks nothing like what it did 41 years ago and completely different from what it looked like 147 years ago.

The Salvatore boarding house, home to my brother Stefan and uncle Zach. The thing is I didn't really tell my dear brother Stefan I was visiting and the last time I saw him I tried to rip out his heart...this may be awkward.

I'm here. I don't know why I was so confident on the way here because now, I feel like I could puke.

I should leave.

Fuck it, I'm going in.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck" I whisper to myself as I walk up to the door and prepare myself to knock on the door.

As I go to knock someone opens the door before I have the chance, it's Katherine.

"...hello?" Kathrine says

"Why. Are. You. Here." I say, trying not to shove a dagger through her heart. "and I thought you were in the tomb?!" I yell

Before she can respond Stefan comes up behind her.

"Cecilia, what are you doing here." Stefan says

"Really, what am I doing here? Do you mind filling me in on why she's here?" I say

"Leave and don't come back or come in and let me explain." He says. That's so like him, I treated him like absolute shit and he still is offering me an explanation.

What I feel sitting on the couch I haven't seen in 41 years is nostalgic and disappointed in myself, I promised myself that after the shit I pulled last time I was here I wasn't going to allow myself to come back.

Stefan comes back into the room this time without Kathrine, of course. He sits on the other coach opposite of the one I'm sitting on, he just stares at me for a while, he's probably trying to find something to say to me.

"That girl that opened the door, that wasn't Kathrine." He says looking down

"Then who was it?" I say feeling confused and stupid.

"Her name is Elena, she's Katherine's doppelgänger" Stefan says

"and before you ask, no we aren't dating and no I don't like her just because she looks like Katherine." He says

"Whatever, I wasn't going to ask that." I say rolling my eyes

"Yes, you were. You always ask about things that are never your business." He says with an unnecessary amount of attitude.

"Your so sassy" i snarl

"Why are you here." Stefan says giving me a look that could kill.

"Maybe I just wanted to see my favorite brother" I say with a defensive tone.

"Lie. Don't think I forgot about what you did to me." He slams his hand down hard on the coffee table.