New/old town

( Jessica's POV )

I woke up and immediately started unpacking the few boxes of my clothes.

Me and my 'family' had just moved back to my childhood home in a small town called The Blue Moon Forest. The town is surrounded by woods and forest so as you can see that's how it got its name. Our house is a medium-sized 2-story light blue almost white house that happens to be right in front of one of the largest and darkest forest in the town. Whenever the moons light shines on the forest it makes it look almost blue. I live with my mom, her new husband, and my two siblings. I have a 3 year old, younger sister, named lizzy, and a 19 year old, older brother, named Michael.

"Jessica! Have you finished unpacking your boxes yet?" My moms voice calls from downstairs

"Yes mom. Just finished". I reply quickly putting my last shirt in my dresser and walking down stairs.

When i get down stairs i see my mom struggling while trying to carry three heavy boxes of dishes in the kitchen. I quickly walk over to her and take the box on the top and open the kitchen door for my mom. After my mom goes in the kitchen i follow setting the box on the counter with the other two.

We began unpacking the dishes and setting up the kitchen in a comfortable silence. Me and my mom dont get along very well any more ever since she married my new step father. He would hit and try to rape me right in front of my mom and she wouldn't say anything. Honestly i don't even know why she married him. She says he was nicer before and she can still see the good in his heart and that he is just trying to prepare me for the future. I'm 17 years old, i can take care of myself and if i do the slightest thing wrong he would hit me and leave bad bruises.

We move alot because eventually in every town after being hit so much someone would finally start to see the bruises and would tell the cops and they would start questioning us and spying on us so we move again and again. This time my step father told me that i better be sure to cover all my bruises up because if i don't and we have to move again he said and i quote 'i will beat you til your dead'. So this town i have to be extra carful of covering up the scars and bruises.

"Soo..." my mom says interrupting the peaceful silence "Remember sweety you have school tomorrow and it starts at 9 am so you might want to get up at 7 am and get dressed and ready for school so that you can get there early to get all your stuff from the office and still have time to figure out where your locker and home room teacher will be".

"Why so early tho, mom?" The school was 2 miles from my house so maybe a 5 to 10 minute drive which is why i was curious why i had to get up so early. I take at most 30 minutes to get ready, so i would have plenty of time to get to school. "The school is a 10 minute drive from here and i don't take that long to get ready so why at 7 and not 7:30 or 8am?" I asked still confused

"Because sweety your fath-" i rudely cut her off "step- father" i snapped "he will never be my father" i finish. She just ignored my comment and finished what she was saying. "Will be taking the car to go look for a job. So you'll have to walk which would be anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes so it'll leave you a little under and hour to get your paperwork your locker number and your schedule, and then go find your locker and homeroom teacher. Maybe explore the school alittle if you have enough time." She said sweetly to me.

I mentally groaned, i hated being the new girl at a new school and i mostly hated all the attention it brought me. You would think by now i would be used to it, but i wasn't. At my last school as soon as i walked through the door every head was turned my way, some with smiles, some with shock, and then others, like the sluts, and the populars, with amused, in a rudely kind of way, faces.

"ugh...fine" i say with slight irritation in my voice. Just as my mom was about to say something else the front doors slams open and then closed, sending a strong smell of beer through the whole house. The smell only meant my step-father was back from being at the bar with a couple of old friends that he ran into.

The sound of the door slamming startled me making me drop the glass cup i was holding, on the floor and shattering all over the kitchen floor. My step-father quickly rushes into the kitchen and starts glaring holes into my head. As i was starting to pick up the broken glass pieces he stalks over to me grabbing me by my hair and yanking me off the ground to face him. Once i was facing him he brimgs his fist to meet my eye making me fall back down to the floor. He grabs a big piece of broken glass and quickly but painfully cuts into my arm making me cry out in pain and bleed all over the kitchen floor.

"I told you to be careful with the dishes! Look what you've done! You worthless piece of shit!" He starts screaming at me "Your so worthless, clean this shit up and go to your room!" He finishes yelling. I did as he said and got up and cleaned the glass up. Then i quickly rush out of the kitchen and to my bedroom but not without glancing over my shoulder to my mom who didn't move or say anything.

Once to my room i quickly go into my built in bathroom to shower and wash the blood off of me and bandage my arm up. Once showered and bandaged up i quickly through on a tank top shirt and some jogging shorts and head to bed.

'BEEP BEEP BEEP' my alarm goes off at 7 telling me it was time to get ready for school. 'Yay cant wait to be the new girl again' i think to myself. I quickly get dressed in some old black skinny jeans and a dark purple tank top underneath my very big black hoodie. I go to the bathroom and start using foundation to cover up my new black eye and after unwrapping my arm and cleaning it, i quickly wrap it back up and head down stairs.

The cars gone which mean my stepfather's already at work. I rush into the kitchen grabbing an apple and looking at the time it was now 7:30 AM which meant if I leave now I can get to school at about 8 or 8:10 to go get my schedule and locker. I grab my backpack and my house keys and rush out the door.

It wasn't really the walking that bothered me but rather the cars that would drive by and would beep their horns or would whistle at me that did.

   This one car full of a group of teenage boys drove by and all the boys except the driver either whistled at me or said things like 'nice ass babe' and 'i would tap that any time'.

  After about 10 more minutes of walking i finally reached the school, 'Blue Moon Highschool' was on a huge sign in the front. I quickly found the office and went inside.

A/N

Thanks guys. Im sorry if its short this is my first time writing and i really hope you like it. I will be updating real soon.

Please like, and comment if you liked it.

The picture is the forest behind Jessica's house at night. Hope you enjoy. 💚