Trust/No Trust

Despite having the California King all to themselves, Ryan and Chester were huddled on Ryan's side of the bed. Their legs were stretched out in front of them, their dessert plates on their laps as they ate the chocolate silk pie that was creamy and rich between sips of champagne. The bedroom was quiet, and after they'd checked on all three kids before settling down, neither of them were in fear of being interrupted.

"I have to say, I like this bed so much more than the one Jay bought to replace it in Seattle," Chester commented between bites. "Everything he bought has weird carvings of vines and flowers or whatever all over it." He stuck his tongue out.

Ryan nodded. "Yeah, it's not my favorite either, but we're not up there that much, so it doesn't matter. I'm guessing he got the whole set on clearance or something. Probably because no one else wanted it. I don't care for the light color either."

"No. It's kinda girly looking," Chester decided before letting his attention coast over the big bed instead. "This bed fits you guys so much better and it just so happens to be big enough for the four of us." Chester laughed as he sipped his drink. "Do you think Jason got a touch of Brad's abilities and he saw what the future would bring and he'd need this big bed?"

"No," Ryan laughed as he swallowed down another bite of pie. "Jason Akio absolutely bought this massive bed just for himself. Which I love. It's so him," he said with an amused smile. He could picture Jason's handsome face in his mind and his heart sighed a little. "Jay tends to wallow in his money," he said, his voice a little lower. "It's kind of a security blanket for him. I think he learned that from Mark, you know? Throw money at the problems and make them go away."

Chester felt his spine stiffen at the mention of the former YRS owner. "I think you're right. He was like that. We saw him pay a lot of people off. Paid them to go away and be quiet."

"Mhm, and I'm sure there's tons we don't know about." Ryan went quiet as he stared down at the few bites of pie that were left on his plate and the chocolate streaks that surrounded it. He set it on the nightstand, and when Chester handed his plate over, he did the same with his. Ryan sipped his champagne, letting the light feeling from the alcohol drift through him. "He did that to Jay," he said reflectively. "Paid him off. Paid to keep him quiet and keep him from leaving."

He looked over at Chester, who had gone very quiet next to him. "I know he did the same to you. He wasn't letting you live at the loft for free because of a kind heart. I know he used it against you every time he needed to."

"And sometimes when he didn't," Chester voiced. "Sometimes he'd bring it up when nothing was going on. I hate money," he whispered before he grit his teeth. He looked over at Ryan. "I absolutely hate fucking money. I hate what it does to people and I hate how it always feels like a problem in my life."

It wasn't the first time they'd had a conversation about Chester's dislike for money, and Ryan knew where it would lead. He drained his champagne glass and set it aside before turning to wrap his arm around Chester's waist. "Money's not sexy, so let's not talk about it tonight," he said, petting kisses over Chester's neck. His mind was a little fluttery from the alcohol and Chester was so inviting.

"You're right, it's not sexy," Chester said through his smile. Ryan's lips on his skin were always welcome and right now they were feeling extra nice as Chester finished off his champagne and handed over his glass. The moment Ryan was facing him again, Chester's hands were all over him. Kisses came immediately as hands roamed under clothing, and then those clothes started to come off.

Shirts were first. It was mutual, with both of them leaning away to pull their own shirts off as they looked at each other with parted lips and heavy breaths. The idea that they were alone in the big bed didn't come out of either of their mouths as they laid back down on their sides, facing each other. The passionate, heated kisses from seconds ago started back slowly, with Ryan's hand on the hip of Chester's pink and gray pajama pants, and Chester's fingers petting over Ryan's bare chest and exposed nipples.