Gone Too Long

The house was bustling with life as Ryan sat at the kitchen table the next morning. He had coffee in front of him and his belly was full of the topnotch breakfast Chester had made - a platter of jalapeno and cheddar sausages with eggs and sweet toast. It had been filling and beyond satisfying, and Ryan felt good as he sat with coffee and watched Chester clean the kitchen. He'd offered to help already, and Chester had shooed him away stating that Ryan provided dinner last night, now it was Chester's turn to take care of their meal.

The comment brought a smile to Ryan's face. Teamwork. That's what it comes down to. I handled dinner last night, he did breakfast this morning. We both took care of the kids yesterday and last night and this morning, too.

Ryan's attention left Chester's cute ass that was moving around the kitchen, to the twins. They were in their bouncy seats on the kitchen table, awake and slobbering as they held onto squishy toys and their pink and purple blankets, respectively. Julien was a few feet away, in the living room playing with Cheese while cartoons played quietly on the television. It was peaceful, and Ryan sat back in his chair to enjoy it.

This is our second morning together, taking care of the kids and being on our own. We haven't had any problems. This is what life would be like if Jay and Mike weren't here.

It was an intrusive thought, and Ryan narrowed his eyes at it. That's stupid. Jason's coming home soon. I know he is. And Mike's coming home this evening no matter what. This isn't real life, he reminded himself as he looked back into the kitchen where Chester was wiping down the counters. It's the weekend. He'll be going to work in the morning. If it was just the two of us, I'd have all three kids by myself all day.

Ryan looked at the twins, and the way they were kicking their feet and making their chairs bounce with their movements. I love you, Little Princesses, but I couldn't handle all three of you!

He sat forward and cupped his hands around his lukewarm coffee cup. The caretaker in Ryan and the part of him that loved and adored Chester Bennington, knew that if push came to shove, they could make it on their own. They could raise the kids and be okay if life ever put that task on them. He and Chester had been through a lot over the years, and they knew how to work together. They were both dedicated parents and Ryan had no doubt they would be able to figure everything else out.

And the bedroom wouldn't be a problem. I still can't get over those panties last night. He cocked his head as he studied Chester moving around the kitchen. Personally, he had no issue with crossdressing, it just hadn't ever occurred to him that Chester Bennington might be falling into that lifestyle. I wonder if Mike would be supportive if Chazzy ever got to the point of wearing skirts around the house.

The sudden image of Chester dressed in a plaid skirt and kneehigh stockings tackled him, and Ryan was suddenly feeling antsy. He could imagine slipping his hand up Chester's skirt and fondling him easily. Skirts and dresses - they made foreplay so accessible. I know Mike's into that. He'd probably be the biggest supporter if Chazzy ever takes things that far. I bet me and Mike would have a lot of fun double teaming him in a short skirt and fishnet stockings, he thought as he reached down to adjust himself out of sight. He really needed to stop thinking about such sexy things so early in the morning.

Besides, I don't think he's anywhere close to that point yet. And he may never be, and that's okay. I just want him to be happy and feel safe enough to wear whatever he wants. Especially around the house. A soft smile hit Ryan's lips as he remembered their shared night just eight hours ago. The sex had been great, and Ryan hadn't been disappointed to wake up to Chester kisses and snuggles before the girls fussed over the baby monitor. He's amazing. That was our second time being alone. First in New York and then last night. No. That was our third time, he corrected himself as he recalled the quickie that had happened in Talinda's office. No one had been around for that, and Ryan realized in that moment that they'd yet to fess up to that to Mike or Jason.