Date Night

Jason glanced in the rearview mirror as he pulled into the driveway at Brad's late Saturday afternoon. He wasn't expecting to see Julien wide awake after the long drive through L.A. traffic that was more starts and stops than cruising, but his son was staring out the window with big blue eyes.

It was date night - the first of many that were scheduled in the upcoming weeks - and Jason was taking Ryan out to a French restaurant they'd never been to together. His eyes moved from the mirror to his husband sitting in the passenger seat of their SUV, dressed all in black. There was something so incredibly appealing about Ryan in black dress clothes, even more than seeing him around the house in a black muscle shirt or black jeans. He was undeniably masculine and sexy, and the absence of color in his dress made his blue eyes pop more than usual. It had Jason thinking about things other than eating.

Jason put the car in park and reached over, taking Ryan's hand quickly. "It's too bad Talinda is babysitting the twins right now," he said, conveniently skipping over the fact that Rob was with her. He'd been polite on the way out of the house when their paths crossed, but that didn't mean he had to continue to acknowledge the other man's presence in his house while they were away. "If the house was empty I'd say let's forget dinner and just go back home." He squeezed his husband's hand and then leaned close as Ryan looked his way, connecting their lips in a soft kiss. "You look amazing," he added as they pulled away from each other. "I need to take you out more and give you an excuse to dress up for me."

Ryan wasn't the most comfortable in dressier clothes, but for date night with his husband, he could handle it. "I'm glad you approve," he said, flipping his hand over his front. "Chazzy picked this out earlier when he was playing dress up with me."

He leaned across their seats to give Jason a return kiss. "You look handsome yourself. If you really want to skip dinner, we can be naughty and get a hotel room instead. By the hour," he added with a chuckle.

"By the hour?!" Jason exclaimed with a scandalized look. He was laughing though, at the look on Ryan's face. "Do you know what kind of dump we'd end up in by the hour?!"

"Fine. I guess we'll have to wait till we get home then." He reached over to squeeze the leg of Jason's dark dress pants. "Let's get this guy inside and start the show."

He turned to look in the backseat and Julien was already waving his hands signaling he was ready to get out of the car. "Are you ready to spend some time with Cousin Brad? Are you?"

Julien smiled before he squealed and pulled at the straps of his car seat, his happy sounds quickly turning to something frustrated.

"Come on, Jason Akio, before he explodes back there." Ryan was out of the car a second later, unbuckling their son while Jason was on the other side grabbing the diaper bag.

"It's like he knows fun and adventure await," Jason said with a laugh. He had the strap of the diaper bag over his shoulder as he followed Ryan and Julien up the walkway to the front door. "I'm sure Brad has the whole evening planned out for the two of them. Oh!" he added, right as Ryan knocked. "Make sure Thor doesn't get hair all over you before we go. I don't have a lint roller in the car."

The dog was the least of Ryan's concerns as they heard him bark from the other side of the door. Ryan couldn't help but smile. He loved the big goofy German shepherd. "That's Thor!," he told Julien. "He's waiting to play with you!"

The door opened a second later, and Thor was all tongue and nose as he sniffed their legs. "Thor, let them alone," Brad admonished lightly before a smile sprang across his face. "Oh, Cousin, it's wonderful to see you!" He had his arms around Jason and then Ryan before Julien was in his arms. "Baby Cousin," he cooed at Julien, "don't you just grow so much between our visits."