V1. Chapter 1 - His name's Ayanokouji?

Sora's POV: 

It was a peaceful morning. I was on my way to the Advanced Nurturing High School's campus through a bus. The bus was mostly empty aside from a few passengers. Well, because it was early in the morning around 6 am and this campus was located on a manmade island in Tokyo. 

I was wearing my headphones listening to the music, obviously wanting to cut myself off from the outside world. I looked outside the window enjoying the scenery and zoned out into my thoughts. Discovering this prestigious school was one of my luckiest encounters. It felt like the perfect opportunity for me to escape from my challenging life. But to my surprise, once we step onto the campus, we won't be able to contact the outside world anymore. Though it could provide me with more security, I'd also face the disadvantage of less information. I kind of found an alternative solution which was gonna be quite a hard task to get my hands on. 

Getting into this school wasn't as hard as the rumors said. The entrance exam was quite easy. I mean, I did take it lightly. So, I missed perfect scores. They were good enough to be around 95% except for the Japanese literature. I suck at it. Understanding a poet's perspective is a really hard task for me. Also, more about this school. They're under direct orders from the government. Its funds were also provided by the government which piqued my interest. 

The bus came to a halt as a few students who were apparently from the same school boarded it. Among them was a lilac-haired girl who had a cane in her hand. She looked around for empty spots and took the seat beside me which was near compared to the others. She gave me a slight bow to greet me while taking the seat and I did the same. I took off my headphones since it could be rude and placed them in my bag safely. "Oh. You're heading to the school too, I see. You're quite early though." The lilac-haired girl suddenly started the conversation making me nervous. She seemed to notice my issue. "Oh my. Where are my manners? My apologies. Sakayanagi Arisu. Year 1, Class A. It's a pleasure to meet you." She introduced herself waiting for me to do the same. I nodded at her accepting the introduction. "Takahashi Sora. Year 1, Class D." She nodded again and looked ahead getting the point that I didn't intend to talk any further. 

I noticed her surname. Sakayanagi. Which also happened to be the chairman's name of this school. I had some basic info on their staff. Though it was under government funding, it had something hidden deep inside. I couldn't pinpoint all of the hierarchy employees and other sponsors. Basically, I had no idea who the superior of Chairman Sakayanagi was. I sensed her glancing at me a few times so I couldn't contain myself and took a glance too. My red eyes met her violet ones. I had a blank expression as she blinked twice before sighing. "Not much of a talker, I see. Please, let me apologize. I was just feeling awkward." She tried to strike up a conversation again leaving me no choice. "Ah. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable..." 

She looked at me again with a smile. "That's quite alright. We'll be there soon in no time." She said pointing towards the upcoming entrance gate. I looked out at the window and nodded. The bus came to a stop as the students slowly got off. Sakayanagi San took her time to get up and step out of the bus. And I got off after her patiently. "It was nice knowing you, Takahashi Kun. I'm looking forward to our time in the school." She bid her farewell and slowly walked into the entrance. I gave her one last wave and went past her into the school. 

The campus was quite large. It felt as if it was a mini city. I remember it being around 600k sq feet. I was impressed by how many facilities they provided us here. I expected a lot from them but this was beyond my expectations. I quickly found my way to the dorms and I was assigned room 301. I checked into my room to find my stuff already there. The room was actually well-made. It had a bedroom with a normal-sized bed, TV, study desk, and a washroom. There was also a hallway or a foyer to provide space around to walk. I turned around in the hallway to spot a small kitchen which should be enough for a single person.