V1. Chapter 15 - I wanted Freedom

Kiyotaka's POV:

I had been observing the cat since the evening once in a while. There were times when he sneaked into Karaoke during evenings and wouldn't come back until nightfall. But it looked like he had different plans tonight. He didn't move out of his room. Because of this GPS tracker, I was able to pinpoint his room which was literally beneath mine since his floor is the third one. Though the tracker wasn't perfectly accurate, it was good enough to notice a room difference.

I sat up on my bed when I noticed him leaving his room. I glanced at the time which was past midnight. "Where could he be going this late? Is it his trauma that's acting up again and he needed fresh air?" I wondered aloud and got off my bed. I grabbed one of my sweatshirts since I was only on my t-shirt. I looked at his location again to find him going to the rooftop. That was natural since the main building's rooftop would be closed by now. Well, because it was midnight.

I waited until he reached the rooftop and took the elevator to the last floor. I took the stairs that led to the rooftop and reached for the door. I didn't open it soon until I caught onto his song. I slightly opened it to hear a tune I was familiar with. It was the same tune Takahashi Sensei used to hum while calculating the results at the end of the day back in the white room. She was in charge of all my observations and recorded them all to submit to the team later. Her name was Takahashi Asuka. Truly, the cat was named after her, as Sora.

She used to have a chat with me after my tests were over for the day. I heard some stories about her son. She said that she loved him but he didn't return it because she had kept her distance from him, due to her being a researcher in the white room. Anyone would say she was selfish since she kept her child away from that place. And I had no opinion since it was her personal choice. She used to call him Little Kitty and never actually mentioned his name maybe due to security reasons. 

She always wished if he had a brother to stick around with him so he wouldn't feel so lonely. But her days in the white room ended after a certain accident and I didn't hear about her anymore from that day on which was about a year and 5 months ago. The reason that I'm still alive is because of her. That day, Takahashi Sensei's husband tried to kill me. Of course, he wouldn't be able to shoot me to death but there was a mix of inhibitors in my tea which I didn't notice. They were certainly from the white room if they were so undetectable. 

He was closely acquainted with that man though I didn't exactly have any details about him aside from him being one of the White Room's founding sponsors. His reasons were specified to be because of his wife, Takahashi Sensei, working as a researcher. 

While my body was paralyzed, he tried to shoot me in my vitals over my torso. But right then, Takahashi Sensei stopped him by pushing him aside while she took a blow to her shoulder. The commotion attracted the others and soon the security was called and the details after that were kept hidden from me.

Until now, I had wondered if this was the Takahashi I heard of. At first, he was timid which didn't suit his mother's description of him though I was wrong about that. He certainly didn't look like his mother but his physique and voice including his tone were similar to Takahashi Sensei. He even had the same white hair which I didn't take into consideration. But the only question was his age. I was told that he was around two years younger than me which didn't match here. Did he manage to hide his actual age even from this school?

I was interrupted from my monologue when the cat called over to me from the other side. "Kouji San, I know you're there. I know how to use GPS tracking too." His voice was always so small that you wouldn't be able to hear it in a crowd. I walked out of my hiding place while closing the door behind me. He just glanced at me for a second before turning to the front again. I walked over to the railing as well and looked at the scenery instead of him. I thought of just confirming the info from him and I needed a reason to come over here as well.