V2. Chapter 21 - Practicing to Not Faint

Kiyotaka's POV:

The students who were standing near the shore of the beach were the Class B leading figures. Ichinose and Kanzaki. I walked up to them and Sakura followed behind me. I glanced back at the cat to find him looking around before deciding to go over the other way to check something about this place. 

When we walked up to them, Ichinose turned back to look at us. "Oh, Ayanokouji Kun, and Sakura San. Good afternoon!" I nodded back at her while Kanzaki did the same. Sakura greeted Ichinose back. "Good afternoon to you too, Ichinose San." Although she was timid and shy around most of the people, she seemed to be pulling up some weight to stand up for Ichinose's sake. 

"Did you guys come here to check on Class C too?" Kanzaki asked us so I looked towards him. "No. We were just exploring the forest and ended up here on the beach. Takahashi's the one who wanted to check up on them." I explained to which he raised a brow at me and followed my line of sight. Ichinose who had been looking at the ocean turned towards the other side too.

There he was, in his own solitary world, looking around and analyzing things. "Ah... I didn't notice him coming here at all. Did Takahashi Kun really tag along with you two?" She asked us and turned around to look at us when the cat's gaze caught her stare. "He really did come here along with us." Sakura explained while glancing at the kid too who was slowly advancing towards us. 

"Haah. I really hoped to guess who's the leader of Class C though..." Ichinose sighed and crouched down while looking at the ocean. Kanzaki stepped beside her. "The goal of this test is to stack up your points as many as possible." He bent down to pick up a water bottle that was abandoned in the sand. "The minute he abandoned that, Ryuuen lost." He said and walked back towards the table that rested beside a beach chair. 

Ichinose looked up at him with a smile. "The straightforward strategy is best for us, right?" She asked but was interrupted by the cat who finally caught up to us. "Please. I'd say that you should watch your back Ichinose San." His warning made Kanzaki suspicious as he turned around towards the latter. "What do you mean, Takahashi Kun?" The cat glanced towards him before looking at the ocean. I looked around to see Sakura walk around observing the beach and leftover items too. 

"It's possible for the Class C to have anyone else stay back to still guess the leader. Or else, there would be no use for such an all-out strategy." He explained basically implying that there could be someone else left in Class C aside from the ones we had in our camps. Since they didn't get to step out of the camps or go somewhere without permission, it was certainly a possibility. This cat's deduction skills are quite fascinating.

Ichinose stood up straight going into deep thought. "I see. We'll be careful then. Thanks for the heads up, Takahashi Kun." She said with a blinding smile while taking a step forward to thank him. He automatically took a step back. "If you'll excuse me." He said before taking off to the other side of the beach confusing Ichinose further. Kanzaki and I shared looks before sighing at the sight of the poor kid. I looked at the leaving figure before turning to Ichinose. As much as I wanted to keep an eye on him, I had to know about Katsuragi from Class A. 

___

Sora's POV:

It was all going just as I planned. I only meant about this special exam and not my actual situation which still seemed like a far cry to me. I looked down at my right leg where I had my knife hidden under my shorts since I had already taken a bath and changed into my pajamas. I waited by the campfire looking at my fish that was being cooked. Everyone was sitting around in groups too chatting with each other about the newest surprising topic. The disappearance of Class C. 

Before I could inform Hirata San about it after returning, Ike San had already bet me to it. So, I shrugged the thought since I wasn't willing to explain the details which would lead me to reveal my plans to him. If I did, he wouldn't let me off from this camp anymore. As I was about to reach out and take my fish, a hand grabbed it first. I looked to my right to see Kouji San observing the fish. He nodded before handing it to me. "It got cooked well. Be careful while you're eating."