1: Prologue

1992

A nine-year-old Francesca is running around her mother's diner. The girl ran up to her mother. "Mama look at me I'm wearing flower crown, and I picked out these flowers for you." She said showing the yellow flowers to her mother.

Marinette smiled at her daughter and takes the flowers, "Why, thank you, my sweet girl, don't you look like a flower princess." Francesca giggled, "If I'm a princess then you are a queen!" She says throwing her hands up in the air.

Marinette giggled and went to put the flowers down somewhere, Franny [Francesca's Nickname] went to prepare the food for her mother's customers. When the little girl doesn't have school, she usually helps out in her mother's diner.

Marinette is a cook and owns her own diner. She worked really hard to buy this building and clean it up. When she was eighteen years old, she moved out of her parents house after meeting her now deceased husband who was twenty-five years old and getting married to him. Once they got settled in together and things were going really well, she became pregnant and soon after that her husband dies from a deadly sickness that took him from way too early.

Then Francesca was born, and Marinette moved back in with her parents. It was hard for Marinette raising a baby without her husband, but she had support from her parents. Once Francesca turned five Marinette and her moved out into their own place.

Even though times were hard, the woman is so blessed and grateful that she was able to give birth to such a beautiful and wonderful child. Francesca is one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet, and she loves her mother with her whole heart and is kind to everyone.

The bell on the entrance dinged indicating that someone has entered the diner. Franny grinned and said, "Welcome to the Two Doves Diner." The man smiled at the little girl and nodded. Marinette walked up to him, "Good morning, what would you like?" She gave him a welcoming smile.

"Hi, I would like waffles and a cup of coffee, please."

"Okay, I'll get that for you right away." Marinette took his order and walked away. She later came back with a plate of waffles and a cup of coffee.

"Here is your order sir."

"Thank you." He said and ate his food.

"You're welcome." The twenty-seven-year-old woman says leaving the man to his meal and walked to her daughter who is standing behind the counter.

"Franny, you're a such a kind girl." Marinette said putting her hands on her hips grinning at her nine-year-old daughter.

The little girl eyes lit up, "Really?"

The woman smiled, "Yes, and you are very well mannered."

"I love mama."

"I love you too."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

What are your thoughts?

Right now, I'm not fully sure if I'll continue this story but I thought it might be interesting 🙂