18: Moving To Texas?

2009 - Seven Years Later

It has been seven years a lot has happened, Francesca gave birth to two kids a boy and girl, Marcellus graduated college with a business degree, Anthony graduated with a teaching degree and is engaged to a woman named Nora, Zackeriah graduated with a music degree and got married to his childhood friend Dolly eight years ago and they have a child together and are still living in California. 

Elijah graduated with a game developer degree. No one has heard from Ethan in years and don't know where he's even at.

 Two little feet pitty-pattered across the floor of the Two Doves Diner. The customers stared at them in awe. The six-year-old stopped at a table with his four-year-old sister who bumped into him making her stumble backwards.

"Watch it Giselle, you almost made me drop their meal." Jaziel scolded his baby sister. "Sorry." Giselle mumbled rubbing her nose. Jaziel grinned at the couple, "Here you go sir, mam, just what you two ordered." Jaziel set the food on the table, "I hope you have a good day." He said and nods before turning around to go back to the kitchen.

He stopped in his tracks to see Giselle still standing there staring at the couple. His face dropped and he shook his head letting out a sigh, "Gizzy, come on!"

Giselle turned to her brother and looked back at the couple and happily nods her head at them, "God bless you!" She said and skipped over to her brother. The man and woman laughed watching the sibling leave to the kitchen.

"Those two definitely do brighten up the place." The man chuckled. His wife agreed, "Yes, I do love seeing them run around this little diner." She chuckled along with her husband.

Jaziel and Giselle entered the kitchen seeing their grandma and Skylar busy cooking. 

"The meal has been served!" Jaziel shouted and Giselle cheered with him.

"Yeah!" 

The women laughed at the two happy children who were cheering. Marinette looked down at her grandkids and asked, "Were you careful with carrying the food?"

"Yes, well except when Giselle." He side eyed his four-year-old sister, "Bumped into me... but I stood firm and it got to its destination successfully!" 

Giselle puffed crossing her arms, "I said sorry." 

Jaziel ruffled the girl's curly black hair, and she smacked his hand away, "It's alright sis, you're forgiven. Nothing happened and even if it did, accidents happen." 

She smiled and hugged him, and he hugged back. "You're the best big brother."

Jaziel shrugged, "All I know is what dad and mom teach us. Also, if you don't forgive, God won't forgive you. So, that teaches me that we should have a forgiving heart no matter what someone does to you and you're only hurting yourself on the inside, whether you know it or not."

Giselle nodded, "Oh yes and unforgiveness is bad and makes you not happy."

Jaziel smiled at his sister and grabbed a pencil and notepad, "Back to taking orders?"

She nods and they both ran back out to the front to take more orders.

Skylar looked at Marinette and said, "Francesca and Marcellus raised them right."

"They are good kids." Marinette whispered feeling pleased at how her daughter and son in law raised them. "Their parents are pretty good teachers." She smiled.

Jaziel and Giselle were sitting on the couch watching cartoons on the television in the living room. Giselle's drinking a glass of orange juice and Jaziel held a bowl of dry cereal in his hands as he watched his and his sister's favorite cartoon shows.

Marcellus and Francesca walked down the steps seeing the two kids too engross in the tv to turn to them. Marcellus sighed and walked up to the tv and turned it off getting the attention of the two finally. "Hey!" They said.

Francesca cleared her throat walking up to stand beside her husband.

"What I mean to say is-" Jaziel started but his mother glared at him making him stop, "I'm sorry." He said quickly looking down at the bowl in his lap. Giselle looked at her big brother and then at her parents and said, "I'm sorry too." She said holding the glass of orange juice in her lap.

"Remember to always be respectful to your parents and guardian." Francesca told them in a serious tone. "We're sorry dad." They spoke.

"You're not in trouble just remember next time, okay." Marcellus told them in a soft tone. They nodded and the married couple sat in the shorter couch. "Okay, your mother and I have something to tell you."

Jaziel and Giselle looked up at them to show that they are listening. "Ever since I was young, I was interested in starting a business." 

"What kind of business?" Jaziel asked tilting his head to the side curiously. "Well, as you know I love animals." Giselle eyes lit up and she jumped in excitement, "Animals!" Francesca put a finger to her mouth signaling her daughter to be quiet.

"Yes, so I was searching, and it turns out that there's a huge farm for sale. I also wanted to live in a place with a lot of room. The house is a nice size with three bedrooms, three bathrooms, and nice big living room, kitchen, dining room, an office, and a bathroom plus attic." Marcellus finished.

"And there's bunch of room for the two of you to play in, with a pool in the backyard." Francesca told them knowing that they always wanted a pool.

"A pool? Yay!" Giselle said jumping of the couch and hugged her parents.

"What about your job here, and grandmom and grandpop, and grandma Marinette and Uncle Gabriel?" The three looked at the little boy who had a sad expression on his face.

Marcellus looked at Francesca and told her to take Giselle to pack her things. When they left up the steps Marcellus stands up and went to sit next to his son and brushed some black curls away from his face. "Jaziel, I understand that you might not be happy leave everyone here. But this could be good for us being in a new place and away from the city. We might not understand why things happen, but they happen for a reason, and we can keep in touch and even visit them someday."

"Really?" 

"Yes, or they can always visit us."

Jaziel understood and nodded, "So, where're we moving too?"

"Texas." Marcellus grinned knowing that his son had been wanting to go on a vacation there and he's finding out that they're moving there.

Jaziel eyes lit up in excitement, "Texas? Yes, thanks dad, I'm gonna go pack my things." He hugged father and ran to the stairs but stopped turning back to his dad, "Wait, when are we leaving?"

"In two weeks."

"Awesome!" The young boy ran up the steps to his bedroom.

Marcellus leaned back and sighed, "I love my family."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Thoughts?

NIV

Matthew 6: 14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Ephesians 6 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2 "Honor your father and mother" -which is the first commandment with a promise-3 "so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth."