10: Zackeriah's Accident

TRIGGER WARNING: Car Accident

2000

The Johnson Residence 

Zackeriah is in his bedroom sitting at his desk writing song lyrics down in his song book. Zackeriah wants to be a singer one day, a singer that writes their own songs. He had a passion for music ever since he was child, maybe at the age of twelve he knew he wanted to be that when he grew up.

He heard a knock on the door looked to see his mother standing at his door. He takes off his headphones and smiled the short woman. "Hi, mom."

"Hi sweetie, do you want dinner I made your favorite?"

Yeah, I'll be down in a second, thank you mom." 

"You're welcome. But hurry before your siblings eat and father eat everything." She chuckled and turned to walk back downstairs. Zack has a big family, he has five siblings not including him and out of all of them he looks more like his mother then his father with his long curly black hair and his pale face and light blue eyes. His brothers and sisters took after their father more with brown hair and green eyes and sun kissed skin.

But Zack personality is a mix of his parents, his mother is a lot more cheerful and positive, and his father is positive but also laid back. 

Zack stands up from his desk and left his bedroom to go downstairs for dinner. The eighteen-year-old entered to the dining room to see his family at the table eating. He sat down next and started putting food on his plate. Him and his family talked about their day and other things enjoying their family time at the table.

"Zack?" Zack looked at his father as he was cutting his steak into small pieces. "What did you do today?" Mr. Johnson asked his eldest son. Zack noticed that all eyes were on him, so he told everyone at the table what happened at Anthony's house and that Anthony's sister accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior and then Anthony accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior too.

The boy's family listened not interrupting the happy teenage boy seeing his eyes lit up. His mother smiled sweetly at her son while his father just had on a straight face as he talked, his siblings watched their older brother seeing how happy he is.

"How is Marcellus? I remember him and you running around the house when you were little." Mrs. Johnson awed at the memory. "He's good, great actually he even found someone." Zack told them.

"What?"

Zack nodded as he ate his mash potatoes, "Mmhmm." 

When Zackeriah was done with his food he helped his mother with washing the dishes. Zack wiped his hands clean, "I'm going to go on a late night drive." He told his mother. Mrs. Johnson looked at her son frowning, "But it's late. and it's a school night."

"I'll be okay mom, please. I want to get some air before I have to do the test tomorrow." 

"Fine, be careful and be home at 10:30." She told him.

"I will, love you." He kissed her cheek and ran to grab his car keys. Mr. Johnson walked in the kitchen giving his wife a look, "What's he so excited about?"

She sheepishly looked down, "I agreed to let him go for a late night drive."

The man squinted his eyes at his wife when he heard the front door slammed shut.

"Why Darla? It's dangerous out there." The man wanted to scream at his wife for letting their hyper oldest child out the house on school night.

She looked down ashamed of what she agreed to and couldn't look at her upset her husband.