9: Anthony's Sister

2000

The Hawkin Residence

Anthony jumped up out of his bed to screaming. "Mary?" He turns his head to look at the time on his alarm clock, 1:00 o'clock. The teen scratched his head and pushed himself out of his bed putting his slippers on and walked to the door. The screaming got louder as he entered the hall. He looked at his sister's bedroom to see it already wide open.

He slowly walked to the room with each step he takes the tension got thicker. "Please Mary, wake up! It's just a bad dream." He heard his aunt pleading. He entered the pink bedroom with rainbows displayed on the walls. "Aunt Betty?" He spoke causing the young woman to spin around looking at him with tears running down her face.

"Andy, you should go back to bed." 

"It's kind of hard to do that when someone's screaming to the top of their lungs." He says calmly but she can hear the scaredness in his voice. Betty looks away staring down at her little niece sadly. "I don't know what's happening. The medicine doesn't seem to be working and neither does therapist sections." 

Anthony looks down, sad that he can't help his family. 

"I-I think I know who can help us." He says looking up at his aunt who looked back at him. "What are you talking about?" She asked wiping her tear-stained face.

Anthony closed his eyes and sighed, "I will have to call my friend."

"Friend? What frie-" She paused, "You mean Marcellus?" She questioned.

"Yes."

"I-." She was about to say something but got cut off by Mary screaming again startling both of them. Anthony walked back to his bedroom closing the door he got down on his knees and started praying to God, keep in mind this is his first time doing this. He prayed for a long time tears were running down his face and he is shaking, his nose his also snotty. He prayed until Mary screams quieted down and he sighed.

"Thank you." He cried. He wiped his eyes and nose then stood up. Betty walked in Anthony's room to see his back facing her. "Um, she's awake, finally." He can hear the relief in her voice. "That's good." He said not turning around.

"She's scared to go back to bed, so we are gonna put on a movie and stay home together." She told him. "Do you want to stay home too?" 

"I think I'll just go to school, thank you." He said finally turning to face her with a small smile. "Okay, oh and yes can you talk to Marcellus about this and see what he thinks?" He nodded and she smiled closing the door behind her after she left.

Anthony laid down on his back looking up at the ceiling. He happily sighed, he has a good feeling that things will be okay, he doesn't why but he has faith everything will be just fine. He closed his eyes and drift back to sleep, he felt a peaceful blanket fall on him.

Anthony is staring into space ever since he woken up again this morning he has been in a daze. His friends noticed but didn't say anything they had a feeling he just had one of those sleepless nights again because of his sister. There is one member of the group missing and that one member is Marcellus. The boy has been spending more time with Francesca then the guys which doesn't bother them, they are happy to see him happy. But again, Marcellus is always happy.

Zackeriah is talking to Ethan about some new show that came on tv, while Elijah is playing a game on his phone sitting next to Anthony. Marcellus entered the cafeteria, Ethan notices the fifth member and the entrance of the lunchroom. He nudged Zackeriah who was busy babbling and pointed to their friend.