3: Introducing Francesca

Same Day

2000

The Two Dove Diner has been opened for ten years, it started off with only Francesca and her mother Marinette working there and not that many customers coming in. But as the years went by the small diner started to get more attention and Marinette eventually was able to hire a couple people to for her alongside her daughter who is now seventeen and is in high school. 

*The diner door dings*

"Hi, what can I get for you?" The seventeen-year-old girl asked the customer.

"I would like a cup of coffee and... do you still serve breakfast at this time?" The man asked sitting at the counter instead of a booth.

"Yes, we serve breakfast from five a.m. to eleven thirty a.m. along with lunch at that time." Francesca smiled. 

"Okay, I would like bacon and scrambled eggs with a cup of coffee."

Francesca wrote down his order, "I'll get that for you right away." She walked to her friend Skylar who helps in the kitchen with her mother. "I got an order of bacon and scrambled eggs!" She yelled. "Okay!" Skylar yelled back. 

Francesca poured him a cup of coffee and slide it to him.

"Your meal will be out in few sir." She smiled.

"Thank you." He nodded and sipped his coffee.

Skylar hit the bell, "Order's ready!"

Francesca grabbed the plate and carried it to the man putting it down on the counter. "Here you go." He said, 'thank you' and ate his meal. 

"Enjoy." She smiled and walked over to the tables, "Hi, is there anything else I can get for you?" She asked an old couple. The elder man lifts up his glass and said, "Can you please refill my glass?" She nodded, "Sure, uh you had water, right?"

"Yes." He spoke.

She grinned and nods, "I'll get that for."

It's the end of the day and Marinette and her daughter are closing up along with Skylar and Holly. Skylar is a smart girl with medium dark brown hair and dark brown eyes, and tan skin. Holly is a nice and sweet girl with long red hair and blue eyes, and little bit of freckles. They both work at the diner, Holly's a waitress while Skylar cooks with Marinette in the kitchen and both are Franny's friends but are both a year older than the seventeen-year-old.

"A day's work!" Francesca yelled cheerfully causing three women to laugh.

"I can't wait to go home and see my dog." Holly sighed. 

"Holly, do you need a ride?" Skylar asked the red haired.

"That would be nice of you Sky, my big brother drove me here and knowing him he's probably hanging out with friends." Not even a minute later her phone dings. She looked at it and frowned, "I was right."

"He knows you don't have a car so why does he keep doing things like this?" Franny asked Holly frowning as Skylar put a hand on the sad girl's shoulder trying to comfort her. Holly shrugged, "Ask him."

"The more important question is had you ask him? He's your brother and yeah he's two years older than you but it doesn't change the fact he's still older and should take care of his little sister." Francesca said sternly.

"I'm scared." Holly almost whispered.

"Scared of what?" Skylar asked softly.

Holly looked down sadly, "I'm the shy one and it was always hard to speak up."

Francesca walked over to Holly and pulled her in a hug and said, "I can understand I used to be the same way when I was younger, and I still struggle with it."

They pulled apart, "How did you become less shy?"

"One day I got down on my knees and prayed to God. I prayed for strength and to become bolder and less shy." Francesca smiled, "As time passed and I got put in situations where I had to be bold eventually, I started to become less and less of a shy person."

"Wow~" Holly says with surprised eyes. Skylar chuckled and nodded, "Yeah, our Franny here used to be a different person a few years ago."

Francesca giggled along with Holly, and she sighed, "Well, I'll see you both tomorrow." She said to the two older girls. They nodded and Holly grabbed her purse and the two left to go home. Marinette came out of the kitchen and smiled at her daughter, "Ready to go home sweetie."

"Yes, mom." The mother and daughter locked up and went home.

Francesca is in bed reading her bible.

John 1:16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given.

She smiled and closed her bible then prayed, "Heavenly Father, I don't know what tomorrow will bring but "I'm not worried I know that you are with my family and me. I pray that my mother stays in good health and for me, I pray that someone new will come in my life. Thank you, Jesus, I love you and thank you for saving us, In Jesus Name I pray, amen." She finished praying and put her bible on her side table then turned off her lamp and fell into a peaceful sleep.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Thoughts?

God Bless You :)