6: We're At the Same School

2000

The Next Day 

Yesterday Marcellus came home late after his parents called him and asked where he is. After leaving the diner he went to the park to hang out with his friends. He woke up bright and early around four o'clock to get ready for school. Some people would be tired and probably stay home or complain because he of how late he came in but not Marcellus.

The sixteen-year-old walked down the stairs and went the kitchen to make himself and his family breakfast. As he cooked, he sang the song Jesus Loves Me and he cut up slices of oranges and placed on each plate. He placed the breakfast on his plate and left the rest for his parents and sat down at the table while has his earbuds in listening to bible scriptures.

Marcellus looked at the time on the clock that's hung up on the wall. It showed that it is five o'clock and he stood up and washed his dishes then left a note saying.

I made you both breakfast and I cut up oranges slices that are in the fridge.

I love you.

-Your son

*Ring Ring*

"Hello." Marcellus says answering his phone.

"Marcel, we're here."  His friend Zack said who is probably the one driving them all to school. "Okay, I'll be out in a minute." He says and hangs up.

He put the note next the stove on the counter where his parents will hopefully see it and then grabbed his bookbag and left the house locking it behind him. Marcellus saw a SUV waiting for him in front of his home. He smiled waving to whoever's in the vehicle, the window got rolled down and he sees Ethan sitting in the passenger seat and as he thought Zack in front driver's seat looking at him.

The door opened letting him see his other two friends Anthony and Elijah. Marcellus's friends are all somewhat older than him. Ethan is seventeen, Zackeriah is eighteen, Anthony is seventeen just like Ethan, Elijah is sixteen too but is older by a few months.

"How did everyone sleep?" Marcellus asked shutting the door.

"Good." Elijah says looking down at a book in his hands.

Ethan muttered a 'fine.' 

"Not good my little sister get me up with her screaming." Anthony groaned.

"Why was she screaming?" Zack asked glancing in the rearview mirror. Everyone was now having their eyes on the seventeen-year-old. Anthony shrugged, "I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that she has these really bad nightmares."

Marcellus frowned and furrowed his eyebrows, "Is she looking at something to be getting these nightmares or did something happened for them to occur?"

Anthony thought about it and shook his head sadly, "Not that I know of."

"Well, maybe you should talk to her and try to find out." The young boy suggested. "And I'll be praying for her."

Anthony smiled at his Christian friend, "Thank you, Marcel." 

"No problem." 

"My aunt said she will be taking her to doctors today." 

Zack parked the SUV in the school's parking lot. "We're here."

Everyone got their things and exited the vehicle and walked to the front of the school. Ethan walked beside Marcellus and whispered to him so the others wouldn't hear him.

"Did you go back to the diner like you said you were going to do before coming to the park, yesterday?" He asked his friend.

Marcellus smile appreciating that Ethan didn't mention it in front of the guys. He doesn't need them asking him questions this early. His friends are nice and respectful, and he has no problem answering their questions, but he wants to at least get to know Francesca first a little bit.

"Yes, she felt the same too."

"Who knows? Maybe she is the one." Ethan smirked.

Marcellus nods and they hurried to catch up to their friends and all five of them entered the school. Marcellus waved bye to the guys and went to his locker. Once he arrived at his locker, he opened it and grabbed his book for each of his classes and then he walked off to his first class.

Marcellus is sitting in math class and his teacher decided to surprise them with quiz. The boy was never all that good at math but with God's help he pulled through. He finished the last bubble and raised his hand.

"Yes, Marcellus?" 

"I'm done."

"You can bring it up here and lay it on my desk." He teacher told him motioning him to bring up his paper and that's what the boy did as he stands up and walked up to the teacher desk and laid his paper down.

"You can do something at your desk until the bell rings."

He nodded and went back to his desk.

When Marcellus sat down, he pulled his bible out of his bookbag and turned to psalms. He could feel eyes on him, but he didn't turn to look where they were coming from and instead, he just focused reading the scriptures.

The school bell rang, everyone stood up and rushed out of class to go wherever their next destination is. Marcellus next destination is lunch so that's where he is heading. Marcellus entered the cafeteria and walked to get his lunch.

when Marcellus reached his table after getting his lunch the group was already there engaged in a conversation. "Hi." He said sitting next to Zack who is sitting next to Ethan and Anthony and Elijah are sitting across from them.

"Hi." They spoke.

"FRANCESCA." Marcellus heard and looked behind him to see Francesca smiling and waved at a girl who called her name. "COME HERE." The same said and he could tell the diner girl was embarrassed because everyone is now staring at her, and face is slightly red.

He sees her rushed to the table and whispered something to her friend who burst in laughter causing Francesca to put her head on the table. 'She goes to the same school as me and I never paid attention to her before?' He wondered. He turned back to his friends who were staring at him smiling.

"What?" He asked.

"So, our Marcel fancies someone?" Zack asked grinning.

Marcellus doesn't say anything and took a bite out of his sandwich. 

"What? Are you embarrassed? That would be a first." Anthony says.

"I'm not embarrassed I'm just not saying a thing." Marcellus shrugged. They looked at him confused and looked at Ethan and who just shrugged. "I'm keeping my mouth shut." They let it be and talked about something else.

Marcellus wanted to tell them when the right time came, and he wants to get to know her more yesterday when he returned home, he called her, and they had a nice chat. He turned back to where Francesca is sitting and watch her talk to her friend.

The boy stared until she looked his way, and they made eye contact, instead of looking away quickly he smiled and waved at her, and she gave him a small nod. 

He went back to eating and waited until lunch is over.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Thoughts?

God Bless You :)