5: Who Is He?

2000

Same Day

Valentine's Day

Francesca Blackman is sitting behind the counter staring at nothing. It's been a slow morning today and it's Valentine's Day too. Holly frowned at the girl, "Are you okay? You seem kind of-"

"Bored?" Francesca asked cutting her off.

"I was gonna say sad." Holly replied.

"It's a slow day and it's Valentine's Day, why aren't there any couples coming in to eat?"

Skylar yelled from the kitchen, "Probably because it's Valentine's Day." She says sarcastically. "And they probably have plans somewhere else." 

Francesca sighed and looked down. 

The bell rings and the girl's head snapped up to see woman and two teen boys entered the diner. "Welcome to the Two Dove Diner." Holly said in a cheerful voice. Francesca heard the teen boy in front of the other teen and the woman say, 'thank you.'

He looked Native American, and she thought he was handsome. She watched them sit down in a booth together. She stood up and prepared herself to go and take their order. She could hear Holly giggle as she made her way over to the new customers.

"Hi, my names Francesca but you can call me Franny, what can I get for you?" She politely asked them to get ready to write down whatever their order will be. "You are a beautiful young lady." The woman kindly told her. "Thank you, mam." Franny giggled.

The boy who looks to be the same age as her gives her his order and then the woman gave hers. She wrote them down and then looked at the other boy who hasn't taken his eyes off of her making her get a little nervous but not in an uncomfortable way.

"Okay, and you sir?" She asked.

He grinned and looked down at his menu. "Miss Franny, I would like bacon and an omelet with a glass of water, please." 

She nods and says, "Okay, I'll get that for you." 

She told them and walked away to give their order to the cooks. 

Francesca is sitting down in the same place she was before watching the same group eating their food and talking. Francesca for some reason can't take her eyes off of the darker skinned guy. It's like she wants to get to know him and has this feeling of wanting to be close to him. The boy eyes looked her way, and they made eye contact with each other.

Neither of them looked away from the other and it wasn't until someone else entered the diner that her attention was taken somewhere else.

"Welcome to the Two Dove Diner!" Francesca and Holly said in sync welcoming a couple. Holly went to take their order this time while Franny stayed where she is. The girl looked back over at the boy's table to see him laughing with the two people he is with.

A small smile came across her face. One thing about Francesca is that she loves to see people happy it doesn't matter if she knows them or not, she loves seeing others happy it makes her happy. She saw the two in the group stand up as the boy stay where he is sitting. 

Francesca saw him say something to them and they nodded and left the diner. The teen stayed seated not moving, she takes this as her cue to talk to him. "Sir, are you and your friends done?" 

He looked up at her with a grin, "Yes, miss Franny and you can call me Marcellus." He laughed. "I'm only sixteen years old still in high school."

'He's sixteen? A year younger than me.' She thought.