7: Is That a, Yes?

2000

Same Day

Francesca woke up and got out of bed before she did anything else she prayed to God and then started her day. She takes a shower and then brushed her teeth after that she jogged downstairs her mother isn't home since she has to get up early at five o'clock to go to the diner.

Francesca made herself a piece of toast and a glass of orange juice. When she was done, she left the house and sees her friend Rachael is here to pick her up. She hopped in the passenger seat, "Goodmorning." 

"Morning." 

"How was your weekend?" Franny asked her best friend.

"It was good I went to my uncle's wedding yesterday." Rachael told her keeping her eyes on the road. Francesca smiled, "Aww, to bad I couldn't come. I love when people find the one, they're meant to be with." 

"Yeah, he asked about you." The girl smiled.

"Well, tell him I said congratulations."

Rachel nods and they continued to drive to school. 

Rachel parked her car and the girls got out of the car and entered the big school building.

Francesca is in her history class the teacher has been teaching the class about the foundations of the earth. The seventeen-year-old watched the video about the beginning of the earth uncomfortably. 

Once the video ended the teacher asked, "Does anyone have questions?"

Francesca raised her hand. 

"Yes, Francesca?"

"God created Heaven and Earth. He then made Adam and Eve." She says boldly.

"Any questions about the video?" The teacher asked sitting down at her desk.

"No." 

"Okay, anyone else?" The teacher says looking away from Francesca and around the classroom no one else raised their hands. "Okay, well class is almost over so can do something at your seat while you wait."

Everyone but Francesca talked among themselves.

*Ring Ring*

Francesca grabbed her bookbag and rushed out of the class. It is now lunchtime, so she made her way to the cafeteria. She waited in line to get her food, after getting the food she walked down the middle of the cafeteria.

"FRANCESCA." The girl looked at her friend who is waving at her. "COME ON." She walked over to the table and sat down. "Rachael, why? In front of everyone?" Francesca whispered.

Rachael burst out in laughter, "S-sorry Franny, I didn't mean to embarrassed you."

Francesca laid her head down on the table. "It's fine." She said lifting up her head looking at her friend smiling softly.

As Francesca and Rachael were talking the brown eyed girl glanced to a table on the other side of the room and made eye contact with Marcellus. He smiled and waved at her, and she gives him a nod. He turned back to his friends, and she looked back at Rachael who is looking down at her food.

"You, okay?" Francesca frowning. Rachael looked at Franny lifting an eyebrow, "Yeah, why?" She asked eating her beans.

"You just got quiet and has a sad look on your face."

"Don't worry Franny." Rachel says standing up. "I'm going to throw my tray away." She said walking off in the direction where the trashcan is. Francesca sat there and waited for her friend to return but she never did.