4| Travis

I walked into the locker room to dress myself and all eyes were on me. The room filled with a awkward silence.

I chuckled softly, not understanding why my teammates were acting weird. "What y'all fools looking at?" The guys were still relatively quiet until coach poke his head out from his office.

"Thompson, my office," he called me out. I shut my locker closed and jogged over to him, following behind him to the inside of his office. "Sup, coach?" I questioned while sitting in the chair facing his desk waiting for him to speak his piece.

"Did you ready the line-ups for practice today and the game on Friday?"

I shook my head and he sighed deeply. "Nah, why?" My brows rose in concern for what he about to say next.

"I'm benching you next game, Trav. And don-"

My eyes narrowed hoping that he was just fucking with me because I couldn't take anymore rejections today. "Bam, the fuck you mean I'm not starting?" I growled trying to keep my composure.

"Yo, watch your mouth in here bruh. This not Trav and Bam right now, it's Coach Wallace and Travis. Don't cross that line."

I smacked my teeth at he was saying before speaking, "I have scouts coming out to the game. What it's gone look like if I don't start? Hell, I'm the captain of this team...don't I have a say?!" I snapped back, angrily.

"Calm down. This wasn't my decision, it was principal Sawyer's. He say your attendance record not looking right and you need some form of punishment," he comfessed to me and that frustrated me even more to know this wasn't his call.

"Damn. You could've requested team laundry duty for the month or something."

"I did. He wasn't having it. I understand that you pissed, but maybe this'll open your eyes and make you realize that you have to prioritize. School, ball, and then everything else."

I nodded in agreeance and sunk in the chair, still upset. "Swear principal Sewer gets on my last nerve." I groaned.

Bam chuckled slightly and shook his head. "You gotta stop calling that man principal Sewer even if he is a shitty person."

"I call it like I see it." I said.

"Ha. Fair enough. Look, man...I've been benched before and it sucks, but guess what? It ain't the worst thing that could happen. You still get to play good minutes and it is never about who starts the game, it's who finishes it." he preached with a sly smile.

"Eh, when did you get preachy reverend Bam?" I joked.

"Mannnn, I started messing with this pk bot too long ago and she gotcha boy going to church...faithfully." he said while putting his prayer hands in motion.

"Pk?"

"Preacher's kid. You know they usually the freakiest." I shook my head at his nonstop shenanigans.

It still amazes me that he coaches this team so well and manages to balance whoring around town.

"She gave it up to you?"

"Nah, I'm working on it. It's just crazy because I've never had to wait no damn month for the panties and she stalling on me..."

I cackled because I could tell that he was sexually deprived. "She probably know you the hit and quit kind."

He scratched and waved me off, not trying to hear me. "How is it hit and quit if I always the girls breakfast the next morning?"

"Because after breakfast, these chicks never see or hear from you again...which is why I'm surprised you haven't be yanked up yet."

He nodded and glanced down at his watch. "Ok, fair enough. Go dress for practice. We start in 10."

I got up and marched back into the locker room to get ready to go.

After a long tiring practice, I laid across the Uber driver's backseat as she drove me to Brooklyn's house. I was hoping that this time she wouldn't diss me like she had done earlier because it's not like us to have serious beef with one another. I kept my eyes my close, attempting to figure what to say in my apology but I was drawing blanks.

"Alright, sir. We're here."

I groaned in agony as I lifted my body up to exit the car. "Thanks for the lift!" I grabbed my bag and proceeded to her front door to ring the door bell.

"Hey, Travie! C'mon in." Aunt Nique greeted as she always did with one of her tight embraces. "Is B upstairs?" I knew she was because I saw her car, but usually when she upset she has her mom lie and say she's not.

"Yeah, she just went up not too long ago. Go on up." She signaled and I jogged on up and barged in her room. As soon as she noticed me, she quickly shut her lap top closed and faced me.

"Hey, you gone keep  ignoring me or what?" I questioned as I sat beside her and oddly enough she had a small smile on her face.  "Nah, we good. I was being a little petty. Anything else you needed?" Brooklyn's shift of behavior and attempt to rush me out made me furrow my brows.

"That was way too easy. You sure it's all good?" she simply just nodded like it was nothing.

 I peeped back down to her computer that she had a firm grip on.  "What you hid-" I tried to reach for her laptop, but my hand was slapped away.

"Nothing. You need a ride home or something or you gone take an Uber back?" she asked with a curious face. "Nah, I was just gone chill here for a while. My body killing me right now." Her face seemed disappointed when I disclosed that I hadn't planned on leaving anytime soon.

"Yo, what's going on with you? This morning you where stank and, now, you're jittery or something."

"I'm good. I was just doing something before you got here," she bit down on her lip and I knew it had something to do with some guy.

"Who's the guy?"

"Does it matter?" Brooklyn answered me with a question, something that she knows that I hate with a passion. "I guess not. Did he buy you that necklace on your neck?" I asked, observing how she held on to it with her left hand as if was going to leave her neck.

"Yeah, birthday present." she responded.

"Figures. Looks expensive too." I started, taking a glimpse at the gems on it. "Speaking of your birthday, here's your gift babe. Enjoy. Now, let me get out of your way so that you can continue to gush about whoever this guy is."

Vote, comment, and whatever else :)

What ya'll think Brooklyn being secretive about?

Can Travis get his starting spot back on the team?