9| Brooklyn

"So, he just dismissed what you said and thought you were lying to him?" Skylar spat on IChat and I just nodded as she went off on her brother.

"Yeah, supposedly I'm jealous of their relationship because I'm single. That's complete and utter bullshit." I stated, looking up from my tablet and she shook her head in disappointment.

"He'll learn the hard way for sure."

"Speaking of your dating life, so what's going on with that? You rocking out solo for the rest of senior year." I just shrugged if off before replying.

"Depends on who you ask..." I spoke vaguely with a small smile.

"Oooh, you must have a boo. I want details on this mystery guy," she cooed. "And maybe you should bring him with us to Miami for spring break. It'll be fun." Skylar continued on.

"Hell no. I won't be stuck in Miami with Travis and his cheater of a boyfriend for spring break. I'll let you deal with them and their dysfunction." I shook my head furiously at her suggestion because I'm refusing to ruin my break.

"Damn, so you just gone leave me hanging?" Sky whined.

"Sorry not sorry."

She smacked her teeth and playfully rolled her eyes. "Lauren is really looking forward to seeing you guys and you not coming. Plus, I know you want to see that big ass mansion her fiancé got her lounging around in just for the hell of it."

"They'll be more breaks or something." I assured her until I heard a sudden knock at my room door.

"It's open!" I barked, and surprisingly Isaac was standing at the door with a wrapped plate in his hand. I raised my hand, signaling for him to wait a moment. 

"Aye, Sky let me call you back." I said.

"Nah, why I can't listen to you and mystery man chat? He's cute too. I see you, B." Sky disregarded me when she spotted Isaac in the background.

"Bye, Skylar." I hung up before she could say anything else that's embarrassing and turned to face Issac with flushed cheeks.

"So, you're coming in or you just gone stand there at the door?" I asked with a arched brow.

He strolled in, closed my room door, and handed me the wrapped plate. "I brought you a plate even though you flaked tonight. You good?" Isaac inquired before putting his hands in his pockets. I sat the plate on the nightstand and palmed my face when remembering that I forgot all about the dinner tonight.

"My bad, I'm sorry. Just a lot going on right now." I apologized and he nodded his head while standing there awkwardly.

"Uh, it's alright B. Sitting there watching my old man grill Anthony was entertaining enough." Isaac giggled softly.

"Oh God, no. I know Izzy was beyond pissed, I have to call her for the details. And sit down, you look uncomfortable just standing there." I suggested while pointing to a empty spot on my bed for him to sit.

"Nah, I know you got school tomorrow so I'll get out of your hair." I frowned at his response.

"Isaac, come sit down. I know you didn't make that twenty minute drive here just for me to kick you out." I declared and he sat down on the other end of the bed as I requested.

"So, you never did tell me where is this job that you got a promotion at."

"Eh, it's nothing. Just a managing gig at this auto shop...probably the closest I'll come to being a engineer in life." he half-smiled.

"A engineer, huh? That sounds dope. Why can't you do that? I know you smart enough, so that isn't the issue obviously." I raised my brow and he just shrugged.