13| Brooklyn

"B, I'm serious though...don't post that pic, it look like I got a double chin." Izzy whined as she noticed that I was choosing a filter to make it cuter.

Anthony and Isaac were cackling from the pool as they were listening to our discussion. "Y'all two can shut up." Izzy sat up from the lawn chair and barked.

"No, you don't and, plus, I'm serving good face on here, so I'm definitely posting it." I said, finally finding the perfect filter for our photo.

"Whatever, so I'm thinking that we should go out and eat tonight since this our last night here. Something real fancy-like." I just shrugged, not really caring either way about what we eat.

"Don't matter to me."

"Ok, that's the plan then." Izzy insisted just as Isaac got out of the pool and walked past us with his towel to go inside.

"Yep." I replied to her, watching him as he strolled off.

He still was giving me the silent treatment and I wasn't sure why. At times, I'd see him crack a smile at something I'd do or say, but he wipes it off his face quickly whenever I notice it.

"Brooklyn, just go talk to the boy." Izzy mumbled with a knowing expression.

"Why do I have to make the first move?" I complained and she shook her head as if she had already heard this before.

"Funny, Isaac said the same thing. Regardless of who makes the first move, y'all need to talk. So go talk and be cordial by the time we leave for dinner." Izzy basically commanded.

"Fine." I finally gave in and followed after him inside and he was waiting for the elevator.

"Isaac! Wait up." I called out to him. He turned my way when hearing my voice and waited for me to get closer to him.

Oddly enough when I got in front of him, I didn't exactly know what to say. We stood there in awkward silence so long that the elevator finally came.

"I gotta go," he pointed to the elevator and walked in, I trailed behind him as we went up together.

"We need to talk..." I said, once and for all.

Isaac didn't say a word back, when we got to his floor, he walked out and it made me frown how he really was avoiding me with no explanation at all. Before the elevator door could shut close, his arm held it open and he looked back at me.

"C'mon, I thought you said we need to talk..." he muttered, signaling for me to get off. That was the longest sentence he had said to me all week.

He led me inside his room and stood in the corner, leaning on a wall waiting for me to speak. I looked up at him confused as to why he was standing so far away from me.

"You're really a piece of work..." I started.

"One minute, you act like you're so interested in me and then out of nowhere you wanna change up! I don't get it." I snapped and he simply shook his head.

"Brooklyn, cut the bs man. I saw ol' boy with you at the mall and I'm not stupid. I don't get down like that, ma. Never have I played second fiddle to any nigga and I won't start today."

I let out a angry chuckled because he sounded stupid. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Your complicated situation didn't seem so complicated when y'all were in that parking lot sucking face," he groaned.

"That was a goodbye kiss, dumbass."

Isaac ran hand through his dreads. "Goodbye kiss?"

"Yes, a goodbye kiss. Something you give when you end the situation completely, so you can be with a stubborn dumbass like you." I pouted out loud with my arms crossed and he had no other comeback.