10| Travis

I came into the living room and sat my packed suitcase on the floor to see a pissed off Marco on the phone snapping at someone.

I stood there quietly and tried to listen in on the conversation, but I had no luck because I couldn't identify a face. He turned from the fridge in the kitchen and faced me with a nervous grin.

"Whatever fam, just get that shit under control!" Marco barked as he hung up his cellular phone.

"Baby, everything ok?" I asked, approaching him. Marco sighed deeply before speaking to me.

"Everything's gravy. Things at work just killing me right now and I'm feeling the pressure. Thank goodness it's spring break because I really didn't feel like going to class this week."

I nodded as he vented. "Well, luckily we're going to Miami so you can get mind off everything. Now put your shoes on, Sky gone be here any minute." I advised and he shhok his head.

"Ahh, I can't come babe. Well, not today at least."

I smacked my teeth angrily. This little trip was something that I really was looking forward to and now that's gone out the window.

"C'mon now. I'll be there later in the week and plus, it'll give you to some qt with your sister and Brooklyn." he tried to assure me with a small smile.

"Yeah, whatever." I mumbled.

Marco wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed lips softly before backing away to look me in my eyes. "Only a few days, I promise. Then, me and you will be on the beach in Miami tanning together."

A beep coming from outside alarmed me that it was time for me to go. "You better get going."

"Yeah. I'll call you when I land." I stated as I pecked his lips one last time.

He nodded and dropped his arms from around my neck and watched me exit. "And I'll be waiting for your call."

When I got downstairs, Skylar was blasting Fetty Wap and fixing her make up. "Hey, brother. Where's the other one?" she asked, in regards to Marco and I just shrugged as I put my suitcase in the back seat before hopping in the car.

"He gotta work."

"Um, ok then. I suppose he's not coming. Great." she spoke sarcastically. "First, Brooklyn bails on the plans and, now, you're rolling solo. Wow."

Skylar started the car back up and drove out of the complex.

"So, what was Brooklyn's excuse for not coming?" I asked, curious to know. B was more excited than all of us combined to go down to Miami for break, so it's surprising that she's not going.

Skylar glanced at me with a knowing look, "are really asking me that question?"

I mentally rolled my eyes at her because she obviously thought it was my fault. "Ok, and just because we're not seeing eye to eye right now doesn't mean you have to change your plans."

Skylar clapped her hands and cackled as she got to a red light. "Trav, we're talking about Brooklyn! The same Brooklyn who shut me out for two years for something that I didn't even know I did wrong. She doesn't take things lightly."

Although, I didn't want to hear that I knew Skylar was right. "Yeah, I know. It's just that I don't think telling a lie about something like cheating isn't cool."

"Timeout. You seriously think that she'd lie about something like that...I mean for real though. B might be one of the realest people we know."

The more I thought about it, I wasn't even sure anymore about anything.

"I just don't know and I don't wanna know." I admitted to her and Skylar sighed.

"Did you ask him and see how he reacted to the allegations at least?"

"No, I haven't even put too much thought into it until now. I trust him too much to believe he'd do me like that. So I think maybe she mistook what she saw."

Skylar shook her head as she made a wrong turn. "Amateur moves, Travie..."

"Sky, the airport is that way." I pointed the far left and she moved my hand.

"I'm the driver and I know where we going. I picked you up super early for a reason kid. We going by the parents house because we have unfinished business." I palmed my face because I should've known that she'd pull a stunt like this.

"Seriously?"

"Dead serious bruh, so before we go anywhere handle your shit." Sky demanded in a strict tone as pulled up to the house.

I sat there a while longer before stepping out of the car. Skylar had her arms crossed, glaring at me, waiting for me to get a move on. "Yo, hurry up." she muttered.

I finally got out and took a deep breath to calm myself because last time I let my emotions get the best of me.

Skylar got hold of my arm and tugged it for me walk faster. "Travis, stop playing let's go. I'm not about to miss my flight because you can't have a civilized conversation."

"Fine, but I'm only talking to Bahja."

"Ok." she replied as she opened the door with the house key. "Mama, you here?!" Sky hollered after I closed the door behind us.

"Yes, baby. In the kitchen!"

We strolled into the kitchen and sure enough Bahja was sitting at the table with Bryce helping with his schooling. "Sky! Travie! Sky and Travis here. Cool. Hi, Travie and Sky." Bryce waved excitedly to see us both.

Skylar went over to the table, kissed his forehead as she always did and embraced her mom. I stood there awkwardly until she gave me a look.

"Hey, bud!" I gave Bryce a hi-five and he pleasantly smiled. He was the one person that I had missed the most in this house.

"Bryce, go upstairs bud. I'll be up soon." Bahja assured him and he hesitantly complied.

"Bye, Sky. Bye, Travie. See you later." Bryce waved with his winning smile and charged upstairs.

"Bryce, slow down baby. Don't hurt yourself!" Sky pleaded before sitting at the table with her mother. "Ok, Trav sit down now."

I sat on the far end of the table and looked at the fairly identical women in front of me before speaking. "Look, I apologize for how I disrespected you. I shouldn't came at you like that and it was wrong. I just got caught up in my feels with your husband and I took it out on you. I'm so sorry for everything I said."

Bahja simply nodded with a grin. "It's ok, Travie. I love you regardless baby boy, just know that and I apologize on behalf of your father for what he did. That wasn't right at all."

I shook my head in disapproval. "Nah, no need to apologize for him. I don't even care anymore. He's non-existent as far I'm concerned."

"Funny how you're in my house making these remarks. Maybe you should leave while I'm still keeping my composure." My father's voice came out of nowhere and echoed into the room.

"No problem, Tevin. Y'all enjoy the rest of your day. Sky, let's go before this plane leave please." I spoke politely before exiting out of the room.

As I was leaving out, I could hear the three of them having a tense discussion but I didn't care enough to stay inside to listen.

Vote, comment, and Whatever else :)