12| Travis

"So, how you been baby boy? I haven't had any one on one time with you since y'all done got down here," Lauren asked as she driving me to the airport to pick up Marco. He finally made time to get to Miami and I was beyond excited.

"Sky be hogging up all your time and shit. Plus, you have be an attentive mommy to Nas."

Lauren plastered a small grin on her face before speaking. "Yes, Sky is a little territorial and Nas doesn't even require much attention. He's already acting like a little man."

"So, you like it? Being a mom or is it different from what you expected?" Laurie shrugged as she gathered her thoughts. "It's requires patience which is something I lack, but I'm learning. Everything else I can deal with. I just never thought I could love someone as much as I do that little boy and to think I pushed that boy out, lawwd! Don't get me to crying," she joked.

"And being engaged? Is that what you thought it would be?"

"Can I tell you a secret, Trav?" I nodded to confirm.

"Spill!" I barked, inching closer to her, waiting on her to tell me what was up.

"We're already married." My eyes widened when I heard the shocking news, partially surprised that she hadn't told Skylar at all.

"Wait, what? Don't you guys have a big wedding planned in Cali when Christian's baseball season is over and why is it a secret?" I bombarded her with questions.

"My mom is the one planning that wedding, but I'll tell her about our elopement soon. It's mainly a secret because Christian's family is still pissed that he got a black girl pregnant and not a Hispanic, so there's that. Adding the fact that we're married is a bit much right now."

My brows arched in confusion. "Lauren, you're half black and half Puerto Rican...You qualify as Hispanic." I reminded her and she cackled softly.

"I know! They just see black though. Anyway, enough about me and my boring life. What's going on in your world and who is this Marco character that I'm about to meet?" My cheeks flushed with red at the sound of his name.

"Awww! You blushing hard, so he must be something special. I need all the details, because your sister doesn't seem to fond of him from my understanding." I casually rolled my eyes at that last entry.

"Yeah, we've been together for a year or so and it's been great. I've never been fully comfortable with my sexuality until I got around Marco. He just has this thing about him that makes it so easy to talk to him and I love it. Hell, I just love him." I gushed.

"So freaking adorable! I'm glad that he makes you happy, Trav. Can't wait to official meet him in a few." Laurie said, as she parked near the arrivals sign at the airport. I looked through the pack of the people, hoping that one of them would be Marco and I finally spotted him waving at me as he walked to the truck.

"Damn, he's cute boo." Lauren acknowledged as Marco headed towards us.

"Don't I know."

I got out of the truck to help Marco put his bag in the trunk as he approached me with a kiss to the lips. "I missed you like hell, baby," he sighed deeply with tied eyes. I pulled him in for tight hug and just embraced him for a long moment.

"I missed you more." I added and he cracked a grin.

"I doubt that, but you can show me how much when we get where we're going." Marco teased as he bit down on his bottom lip. I looked away from his face trying not blush and I caught a glimpse of his left hand wrapped up and in a brace.

"What happened there?" I pointed to his injured arm and he smacked his teeth.

"Nothing major. Heavy loading at the job and I fucked my hand up. Let's go." Marco blew me off before I could ask more questions and got in the backseat of the truck, leaving me baffled. "Umm, ok then." I whispered to myself as I got back inside the vehicle to hear that Marco and Lauren had already sparked up a conversation.

I sat there quietly and listened to them talk as I strolled through my instagram feed. Seeing pictures of Brooklyn and Izzy having the time of their lives in Palm Springs made me miss her, but I wasn't down for talking until she apologizes for making that false accusation.

"Trav, you gone burn in this hot car or you getting out?" Lauren me snapped out of it and I followed them inside.

"Nice crib you got here, Lauren." Marco complimented when examining the mansion.

"Thanks. Travis, show him where he sleeping so he can take a load off. That flight was long." Laurie advised and I did as told. "In here babe." I led Marco the way to our room and he plopped down on the bed at the first sight of it.

"Ahh. this bed is legit. Can't wait to test the beach waters too." Marco admitted with his eyes closed.

"Yup, you're going to love it all for sure. It's like the Hispanic version LA with more rain," he nodded with his eyes shut and smiled. "That's sounds heavenly and the fact that I'm here with you makes it better. Hopefully, you've been having fun with Lauren, Sky, and Brooklyn while I was gone though."

"Yeah, it's been fun. B's not here, but it's still been fun."

Marco's eyes fluttered open. "Your voice changed when you spoke about Brooklyn. What's going on with you two now?"

"Nothing, just complete bullshit."

"Like..." he sat up, suddenly curious about the situation but I didn't feel like going there again, so I didn't speak. "I'm only asking because you sound down about whatever it is and I hate to see you like that, babe."

"Ok, fine. She told me something about you and because I didn't believe it, we've been at odds ever since." I confessed and he yawned quietly. "Something like what?" Marco quickly rebutted, not backing down from where this conversation was going.

"She s-said that...she saw you with someone else." I nervously shared the information that I was given and Marco chuckled.

"Mannn, what?! Brooklyn tripping," he shook his head and continued to laugh it off, but I wasn't laughing. "Marco, I'm being serious." I sternly stated and he looked at me with piercing light brown eyes.

"Come here and sit down." Marco signaled the spot next to his on the bed for me to sit.

"Look, Travis...I love you, baby. I've never been unfaithful nor have I ever betrayed you and I never plan to. This thing me and you got going on is for the long haul, everything else on the outside is bullshit." he held my face and grazed his lips over mine, causing me to forget my previous thoughts.

*

"Ayeee! Trav, come see this!" Sky's voice echoed into the room as me and Marco were resting after our fun time.

"Coming!" I whined, not wanting to get up at all. I put my basketball shorts on and jogged downstairs to not only where she was, but Lauren and baby Nas as well. They were all staring at the TV and the news was on. "Turn it up." I demanded.

New leads regarding the home invasions at Tevin Thompson and Bahja Rodriguez residence has come to the forefront. A suspect is in custody and his identity has yet to be revealed. As predicted, it is said that there not one person in particular, but a group of young men is responsible for stealing over 250 thousand dollars worth of property in the past year.

Sky put the TV on mute and started going off. "I still cannot believe that they won't release the identity of that son of a bitch. I wanna see who took my damn laptop with pictures and shit!"

"Sky, there's a child in here can you tone down the cursing." Lauren strongly suggested and shook her head.

"We'll know sooner or later." I mumbled.

"I hope so, but thank God pops saw them leaving and caught that dude's tag last night because this shi--stuff is getting out of hand now. We moved to a different house and they still stealing from us, I don't get it..."

"Neither do I, but just let the cops do there job sis."

Vote, comment, and whatever else guys :)