11| Brooklyn

"You're fairly quiet today. You ok?" Gabe asked as we were leaving the food court in the mall.

"Yeah, feeling grand. Just thinking." I said and he furrowed his brows as if he were trying to figure me out.

"What you thinking about...how me and you going to spend spring break together? That's definitely what I'm thinking about." he beamed as he spoke and I uncomfortably rubbed my neck.

"Umm, actually I have plans with some of my friends this week. Palm Springs..."

Gabe nodded in understanding, but I could see his frustration when we got to my car. "Yeah, ok cool. Well, maybe when you get back then we can do something together for once."

I deeply sighed because I knew he was being sarcastic. "Here you go with this shit again."

"B, anytime we out together nowadays it's like you here physically, but you not really here. Whoever you texting always seems to be more important. What's up with that baby?"

Before speaking, I had to figure out how to word this correctly but he beat me to the punch. "Another dude...Am I right?" Gabe stared me down with hurt in his eyes and it made me slightly guilty.

"Gabe, you're amazing and I love you dearly. I do."

"I already know where this is going, B. I get it. You're not in love with me anymore. It's my fault though. Had I not let you go the first time, we wouldn't have this problem." his tone was clearly saddened.

"I'm sorry." That was all I could say.

"Whoever dude is, he's lucky...and if he ever fucks up, you got my number." Gabe casually joked and I cracked a smile.

"Yes, I do. So we're still cool, right?" I questioned with a nervous expression and he nodded.

"Always, Brooklyn. Now give me some love." Gabe opened his arms for an embrace and I complied. As we backed away, his lips grazed over mine one last time before we parted ways in the parking lot.

*

"Ahh, you're actually on time. How shocking..." Izzy said as she opened her house door for me to enter.

I playfully rolled my eyes and followed behind her inside to see Anthony and Isaac in the living room talking. "Whatever. Y'all ready or what?" I inquired, glancing down at my watch for a brief moment.

"Yeah, let's get going before the sun disappears and of course I'll drive." Ant suggested as he stood up.

"Why you gotta drive?" Isaac finally broke his silence.

"Because I don't trust none of y'all with my life. Is that answer sufficient enough for you?" Anthony uttered as he walked out of the house to the car.

"I guess. Did you get the snacks, B?" Izzy asked.

"Of course. They in my trunk with my suitcase."

"Cool. Big head, go ahead and transfer her stuff to the truck." Izzy gave a command to her brother before walking outside.

"Hey." I greeted him and he just gave me a head nod before putting his hand out in front of me.

"What?" I asked.

"Keys." his deep voice mumbled and I handed them to him.

"So, you read-"

Isaac walked off before I could even finish my statement and it threw me off. Just this morning when we were on the phone everything was peachy with us.

Although, I was rightfully salty about it I just shook it off and made my way outside as well so we could leave.

"Ok, then. Everything is packed up in the truck. Let's ride out then!" Ant chanted out of excitement as he got in the driver's seat and the rest of us followed suit.

Isaac sat my car keys on my lap before looking off out the window as Anthony started up the car.

"Seat belts y'all." Izzy reminded us as the car was put in motion.

I tapped Isaac on the arm and he looked over at me with his low alluring eyes. "You ok?" I mouthed to him and he just nodded my way before looking back out the window.

"Aye, Isaac did you lock the house door?" Izzy asked him.

"Yeah, I locked it. Did you put that meat out like moms ask you to before we left?" He rebutted, baffling me because he actually was being verbal with her and not me.

"Damnit, she gone call me with the shits." Izzy spazzed out, realizing that she forgot.

"Haaaa, she gone call your ass giving hell." Isaac's warm laughter filled the car before he put his headphones in his ears to zone out.

At first, I just was listening to Izzy and Anthony bicker, but it became irritating so I placed my headphones in my ears and played with my phone.

Are you ok?

I texted him, hoping that he'd actually text me back. When he recieved the message, he sighed a bit, but he was typing back.

Yeah.

You mad at me about something?

No.

His short and simple responses did nothing but piss me off so I left it alone and rested my eyes for the remainder of the ride. I wasn't about to let him get to me.

"We're here!"

Izzy's loud bark woke me up when we finally arrived in Palm Springs and sure enough it was as beautiful as it was when I last left.

I got out of the car to peep more of the view and Izzy grabbed my hand to pull me aside. "So, what's going on with you and big head?" she quizzed me on her brother and I just shrugged.

"I'm not sure, but he's giving me this mean cold shoulder for no reason." I admitted, still bitter by his actions.

"It's kind of hurts my ego a bit."

"Well, if makes you feel any better...the whole time you were sleep, he literally was studying your features. So maybe y'all need to talk or something."

"Yeah, maybe...if he chills with the silent treatment bs." I cackled softly and Izzy shook her head.

"My brother and his female-like tendencies I tell ya. You two better figure it out because I'm banking on my bestfriend being my sister in-law one day." she teased.

"Girl, bye!" I hollered as I rolled my eyes, catching Isaac size me up. Something was definitely up with him.

"Hey, you never know."

"C'mon, let's go get our suite before you say something else ridiculous."

Vote, comment, and whatever else :)

Usually, I drop hints about what's going to happen next...but y'all can wait.