5| Brooklyn

"I missed you, you know that?" I smiled at the sound of Gabe's voice whispering in my ear as we cuddled in his bed watching movies. This was what I had yearned for all of last year and now it's like I got my wish. Well, at least for now anyway.

"How much?" I asked with a sly grin and he chuckled softly.

"Eh, I could you show better than I can tell you." I could feel his bulge and I promptly rolled my body over to face him.

"No, that's definitely not happening." I declared and he playfully rolled his eyes.

"Calm down, B. I was just joking with you." Gabe leaned in and pecked my lips before gazing back into my eyes. "Hey, I see you wearing the necklace that I bought you. Looks great on you."

"Thank you. Who knew you had good taste?" I joked and he smacked his teeth.

"So, I was thinking that we could on a date some time next week...maybe Bossa Nova?" I arched my brows, surprised at the suggestion that I had to sit up on the bed.

Gabe looked up at me with a confused face. "What's wrong?"

"You just said that you want to go out with me...in public." It sounded weird even when I said it a loud.

"Well, yeah. I told you that I'm not playing around this time. I'm all in this time baby." Gabe sat up beside me trying to read my facial expression.

"What are you thinking?"

I gasped before stating my point. "It's not that I don't want this again. I'm just a little skeptical and I'm not exactly ready for anything serious with you right now." I admitted.

Gabe nodded in understanding. "Ok, that's fair. You'll be mine again soon enough though." he said with a small smile on his face.

"How is it you're so sure that we would work?"

"Because I love you," he confessed and I sat there quietly not knowing what to say until my phone vibrated. Lord knows it saved me from an awkward moment.

"Um, I almost forgot...I gotta go." I grabbed my jacket from the end of the bed and proceeded to get up. Gabe was not too far behind me, walking me to the door.

"Think about what I said, B. I'm in it for the long haul." I just nodded and kissed his cheek before opening the front door to leave.

"Ok. Call you later?" I suggested.

"Yeah, I'll be waiting."

Before he could say anything else I was off to my car so that I could beat the traffic to Izzy's house.

I was supposed to be there over an hour ago help her prep for her date, but I let Gabe's sweet talk get the best of me. I mean I like the attention he's been giving me the past few weeks, but it's scary to think of putting myself in that situatiom again.

"Finally, you're here! How do I look?" Izzy spun around so that I could peep her entire outfit.

"Bad as hell. All the dudes gone be on you tonight." I teased with a small grin.

"Thanks boo. I hope Ant likes it."

"Girl, he already think you were handcrafted with the finest of Godiva's chocolates... so in his mind, you're an angel regardless of the outfit."

Izzy cackled and shook her head while playing with her fingers.

"You nervous, huh?" I noticed how tense she was in her body language. "Kinda. This is my first date ever, you know? I just want everything to be perfect."

"Girl, dates are never perfect but that's what makes them so great. The unexpected always occurs." I shared some of my insight with her.

She sighed sat next to me on her bed and sighed in relief. "Thanks. I really needed to hear that, B."