CHAPTER 18

As Rakshit sat there, lost in his thoughts, a nurse approached him

As Rakshit sat there, lost in his thoughts, a nurse approached him. She explained that Siya had suffered a severe anxiety attack, brought on by stress and emotional turmoil. She was stable now, but they were keeping her for observation to make sure there were no further complications.

Rakshit felt a weight lift off his shoulders at the news. But he knew that their relationship was still hanging by a thread. He needed to talk to her, to make amends for whatever he had done to hurt her.

He made his way to her room, steeling himself for the difficult conversation ahead. As he entered the room, he saw Siya lying in bed, her eyes red and swollen from crying. She looked up as he approached, she was not looking at him.

Rakshit took a deep breath and sat down beside her, taking her hand in his. But she jerked her hand from him. He looked into her eyes and saw the pain and hurt reflected back at him.

"I'm sorry, Siya," he began "I don't know what I did to make you so upset, but I want you to know that I never meant to hurt you. I care about you more than anything in this world, and I would never do anything to hurt you baby".

"You betrayed me, you bloody killer, murderer, mafia," she cried out, her voice laced with pain and anger. "I did not get it if I didn't read that file that you're a bloody killer. I'm married to a mafia. A ruthless mafia king who killed innocent people" she said.

Tears streamed down her cheeks, each one a testament to the pain and heartache she felt in that moment.

He knew he had made a huge mistake in leaving that file out in the open. It was careless of him, thoughtless even. But in his line of work, such oversights could be deadly. And now, it seemed, it had cost him the trust and love of his wife.

As Siya's sobs grew louder, Rakshit reached out to her, his hands trembling with the weight of his own guilt. "Don't cry, calm down, baby," he said softly. "Breathe, just breathe baby."

But Siya could not be calmed. The revelation of Rakshit's true identity had shattered her world, leaving her feeling lost and betrayed. How could the man she had married, turn out to be a ruthless killer?

As Rakshit held her, his own heart breaking at the sight of her pain, he knew he had to make things right.

"We will talk about it later," he said. "But for now, let's focus on getting you better."

With that, Rakshit got up from the hospital bed, his mind racing with thoughts of how to repair the damage he had done.

Rakshit sat outside the hospital, his mind racing with thoughts of how to tell Siya.
As he lit a cigar, the smoke curled around his head. He took a deep breath and tried to calm the turmoil in his mind.

When he finally went back inside, the doctor was waiting for him with a solemn expression on his face. As the doctor informed him that Siya was to be discharged that evening.